UPDATE: Cherry Point Marine Will Not Fight Extradition

A Cherry Point Marine accused in a Virginia murder will not fight extradition.

Corporal Don Walker II was in court today in Craven County. He waived his right to an extradition hearing.

Walker will remain in the Craven County jail until Virginia authorities pick him up. That will happen before January 5.

Walker is charged with first degree murder along burglary with intent to commit a felony.

Police in Christiansburg, Virginia say James McPeak was stabbed and bludgeoned to death on Tuesday, December 21.

The 25-year-old became a Marine in July 2008.

PREVIOUS STORY
A Cherry Point Marine is accused in a Virginia murder that appears to be part of a love triangle.

Corporal Don Walker II is in the Craven County jail after being charged with first degree murder and burglary with intent to commit a felony.

Police in Christiansburg say James McPeak was stabbed and bludgeoned to death on Tuesday. Also charged was McPeak's estranged wife. Police say Walker is that woman's boyfriend.

The 25-year-old Marine is being held on a $1 million bond and is awaiting an extradition hearing before being returned to Virginia to face charges. Cherry Point says Walker is assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Squadron at the air station and became a Marine in July 2008.

• by Anonymous Location: Tollhouse CA on Feb 26, 2011 at 12:15 AM
    Went to high school with this guy. And to be brutally honest, I am not surprised. I actually thought he would do something like this a lot earlier. The marines was probably the only thing that delayed this from happening earlier.
  • by not given Location: not given on Jan 19, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    there is plenty to this case that has not been released to the public..although the basic reports are for the most part accurate, there is more here than meets the eye..one fact is that Don did admit to his part in this horrible crime that can not be disputed. But as more is released we will all learn that often the media, especially early on don't have or won't report all the facts..
  • by cat on Jan 19, 2011 at 08:54 AM
    I'm a local resident of the area & I was interested to see if this was a rumor about don or fact. I have since found out it was fact.
  • by not given Location: not given on Jan 18, 2011 at 07:47 PM
    CAT.... Who are you and why do you ask where he was from?????
  • by cat Location: mountain rest on Jan 13, 2011 at 04:59 PM
    I believe donald was from tollhouse,ca before joining the marines, can anyone verify this for me?????
  • by Anonymous on Jan 13, 2011 at 01:19 AM
    Don't dare blame the armed forces for this, they defend you, me, and every other person from threats, either we are aware of them or not. Now, Don, I don't know what happened as none of us do, just know that you still have friends, more then you know. We grew up together, and I never saw this from you. Anyone who knew you knows you had a good heart, You are not guilty until the court finds you as that.
  • by MVFS Location: CA on Jan 9, 2011 at 07:26 PM
    Don was a strange guy long before he joined the Marines. The Marines was likely the best thing that ever happened to him, and meeting Danielle was probably the worst. R.I.P. to the deceased.
  • by not given Location: not given on Dec 30, 2010 at 09:09 PM
    I know Don as well as anyone else in the world. I don't know all the details but I do know that he is not nor has he ever been a violent person. I feel deeply for the family of Mr. Mcpeak especially his children and parents.I pray god eases their suffering. Don was very excited to join the corp.. The corp had nothing to do with this... the corp gave Don direction and purpose...
  • by monique Location: pearl harbor hawaii on Dec 29, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    I dont think the actions of one person condems them all. I know walker and if he did this no one saw it coming. maybe this was a momentary lapse of judgment i dont know all i know is he has to live with this the rest of his life. i feel for the children involved because it seems like when this took place no one thought of what would happen to them christmas isnt going to be a time of happiness anymore for them and thats a crime in itself and now they have no parents i know thats hard and they are in my prayer. Im in the navy and i work closely with marines in my work and no they arent angry, they dont have issues, they arent trained to kill civillians,they are trained to protect. That doesnt mean that at the drop of a hat they are going to lose there mind on someone. these are the actions of one person. I love walker he is my best friend but that desnt mean that i love what he did or supposeably did. oh and take notice that in all these articles it says nothing about her job so why his?
  • by Melvin Location: Jacksonville on Dec 29, 2010 at 05:37 AM
    Come on Marines. You know full well that the Marines can do 99 things right, and one Marine does one thing wrong, society forgets the 99 right things. None of us knows what happened, if anything happened. Sometimes law enforcement, the media, and even the Marine Corps judicial system is quick to condemn,even before the facts are brought to light. But there is one thing my brothers that we all have to admit. Marines conducting themselves violently or Marine on Marine crime has grown exponentially over the years. My personal opinion is this is what happened when we removed Marines out of open squad bays. When we lived in open squad bays, we could identify almost immediately who was having personal issues. While with 2/3 in Hawaii we stopped a suicide of one of our L/Cpl's. Our attitude in 2nd Platoon was your problem is the Platoon's problem. In my three years there we never lost no one to nothing. Biggest thing back then was speeding tickets. Watch out for each other Brothers

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112330039 - witn.com/a?a=112330039