Charges Pending In Single Car Accident

Police say charges are pending in a single car wreck that happened early Tuesday.

A car ran off Portertown Road in Greenville near Brook Valley around 1:30 a.m. The driver was taken to the hospital, but police say his injuries are non-life threatening.

Officers conducted a blood alcohol test and say charges are dependent upon the test results.

The driver's name has not yet been released.

• by eh on Apr 28, 2011 at 09:12 AM
    Let's be thankful that this person survived... and if alcohol was involved as is suspected then let's hope that the driver has learned their lesson. Not only learned the lesson but when able will try to pass this lesson on so that hopefully others will learn this lesson without having the same outcome. I think of the terrible phone call that the family received that night; most definately the worst kind of phone call. Thoughts and prayers to the driver, the family, the friends and all who are affected by this tragic event.
  • by MistahMe Location: Greenville, NC on Apr 28, 2011 at 01:17 AM
    I drove past this on the way to my house, it looked a lot worst than what this horrific excuse for a 'news article' portrays. The car was completely, and I mean COMPLETELY destroyed from what I saw. I assumed someone had been killed, or close to it. I was hoping to find out more about this, but at least they 'summed it up'.
  • by Ric Location: Greenville on Apr 27, 2011 at 06:33 AM
    This hits pretty close to home, especially if it is in your neighborhood. Guess we won't find out who the driver of the year is..
  • by Stop complaing.. on Apr 26, 2011 at 03:20 PM
    You wouldn't be saying its worthless if it was your brother.....stop complaining and use stories like this to teach lessons...
  • by News Yes on Apr 26, 2011 at 01:01 PM
    It is news. The officer suspected alcohol. It's just a matter of how much. I'm sure this guy will be charged. It's ignorant to drink and drive. I'm glad nobody else was involved.
  • by it is news! Location: Greenville on Apr 26, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    I beg to differ - it is NOT worthless news. I heard it last night, scared the mess out of me. Dangers of drinking & driving. Sure, it's a single car accident, but goes to show how luckily no other cars were involved, or worse, he could have crashed into my house! That's why Portertown Rd. has a speed LIMIT of 35mph!!!
  • by jon Location: greenville on Apr 26, 2011 at 04:10 AM
    This is overly worthless news, I know the news has to be kept fresh and new stories, but honestly why is this on here. A guy who wrecked a car may or may have have been drinking and didnt even hit another car. Im sure there are hundreds of single car accidents every night. I hit a deer before, i didnt make the news for it. Just saying dont post incomplete stories that do not affect people at all
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Apr 26, 2011 at 05:10 AM in reply to jon
      I agree.
        by Stop complaing.. on Apr 26, 2011 at 03:22 PM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
        Like I said in my comment...if it was your brother it wouldn't be worthless news...
      by Kai on Apr 27, 2011 at 04:32 AM in reply to jon
      You are worthless for commenting on this story. May you should think of his family and friends, just because you are looking for stories about people getting hurt in car accidents and one comes up where luckily everyone involved will be fine you think it is worthless. You really need some help.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120687009 - witn.com/a?a=120687009