Car Plows Into Pizza Hut

A vehicle has hit a restaurant in New Bern.

Officials say a vehicle plowed into the Pizza Hut on Glenburnie Road and U.S. 70.

Reports indicate no one needed medical treatment.

A Pizza Hut employee told WITN everyone was away from the dining area when it happened.

There's no word yet what caused the vehicle to hit the building.

• by Trey Location: Washington on May 1, 2011 at 06:20 PM
    Good thing James Scott Farrin is right beside it :P
  • by John Location: Simpson on Apr 30, 2011 at 08:47 AM
    Pizza Hut is trying to figure out how to convert the car into a topping.
  • by walter Morrissey on Apr 30, 2011 at 06:49 AM
    it's not the senior citizens that are the problem...its their parents...(small joke ;>)
  • by Anonymous Location: Greenville on Apr 29, 2011 at 08:55 PM
    Dang these new buildings! They should honk before moving.
  • by linda Location: new bern on Apr 29, 2011 at 06:10 PM
    considering i was there it was horriable. this is an experience i hope to never have again. there was no woman in the car. just the husband.
  • by Frank Constanza Location: New York, NY on Apr 29, 2011 at 04:39 PM
    I guess Pizza Hut is also now a drive-thru.
  • by Me Location: Pitt county on Apr 29, 2011 at 04:21 PM
    I'd have walked right next door to the law offices of James Scott Farrin and flopped around like a fish.
      by Grumpy on May 1, 2011 at 06:45 AM in reply to Me
      That would be the "Pizza Hut new tunnel carp" syndrome.
  • by @Reason on Apr 29, 2011 at 03:36 PM
    get a life Reason. you dont know the circumstances. It was reported that it was a elderly driver and his wife. And for you to say it was ignorance is shameful. This couple probably has more knowledge than you will ever know. Especially from your post seems you are the ignorant one.
      by Anonymous on Apr 29, 2011 at 04:35 PM in reply to @Reason
      It does seem that these things usually occur becuase and elderly driver hit the gas instead of the break or they thought it was in reverse.
      by Folllow up on Apr 30, 2011 at 03:42 AM in reply to @Reason
      First; I posted this without any bias on age, as it had not been released so there is no hatred against the elderly as you may think. Second; I stand by the claim. As bad as it sounds, ignorance is a lack of education or intelligence on a specific subject (hence me stating driver ignorance). It is evident the driver did not understand or lacked the capacity to understand his vehicles mechanisms, resulting in new entry to the Pizza Hut. If he had a medical emergency that rendered him unconscious, then I apologize. If not, then my post stands. You wouldn't argue if your child was standing in front of the car that this gentlemen rammed into the building. Truth hurts sometimes.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Apr 29, 2011 at 03:26 PM
    Cuz them people driving out there are half medicated and half driving with a revoked license. Let's see what the details are, that follow this story...
  • by Reason on Apr 29, 2011 at 02:51 PM
    I would imagine the driver's ignorance was the reason.
      by Tyee on Apr 29, 2011 at 05:25 PM in reply to Reason
      Somebody needs to read some stastics. The last letter I got from my insurance company reduced my premium because (they wrote) older people have fewer accidents.
        by Anonymous on Apr 29, 2011 at 06:17 PM in reply to Tyee
        Older is different from elder.
          by Tyee on Apr 29, 2011 at 06:59 PM in reply to
          At 74 years of age, I believe most people would consider me ==an elder.
        by Jacqui on May 1, 2011 at 09:59 AM in reply to Tyee
        I would venture to say its because they drive less
      by Judy on Apr 30, 2011 at 12:35 PM in reply to Reason
      TYREE is obsolutely correct on the stats about elderly drivers. I feel safer on the highway surrounded by older drivers than I do surrounded by young drivers texting and on cell phones.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120989009 - witn.com/a?a=120989009