Car Hits K&W Cafeteria

No one was injured after a car came crashing into the front of a popular Greenville eatery Wednesday afternoon.

Police say no one was injured when the passenger car struck the front doors of K&W Cafeteria on West Arlington Boulevard.

City engineers were on scene evaluating the damage to the building and the restaurant says it hope to be reopen this evening. There were people inside the restaurant at the time.

A witness says it looked like the driver of the car accidentally hit and gas pedal instead of the brake.

The store manager told WITN they estimate the damage at $20,000.

• by Mr Mans Location: Greenville on Aug 19, 2011 at 09:28 AM
    Noone cares if she didn't hurt a soul, we all know she didn't do it intentionally. As for laughing about it, what should we do, be mad and say she malignantly tried to kill the foodies at K & W? Stop being so stupid. If you watch Leno, or most TV shows, you are laughing at someone's expense, so stop judging everyone else for laughing at something you would laugh at too if it wasn't someone you know.
  • by Disgusted on Aug 18, 2011 at 01:26 PM
    To: to the daughter of the elder, I am very happy to hear that your mother and her friend are OK!! Although I don't believe I know any of the posters here (I sure hope I don't), I would like to apologize to you and your mother for their ignorance!! There is no reason for their remarks and I hope they all run straight into a building when they reach your mothers age, it would serve them right. Not nice to say, I know, but what comes around, goes around. To all you idiots, go tell your mothers, fathers, grandmothers, grandfathers, etc. etc. etc. exactly what you posted here, I bet they will all be so very proud. What a bunch of judgemental losers you all are!!!!
  • by best friend to the daughter on Aug 18, 2011 at 01:25 PM
    It is very disturbing to see all of the negative comments and joking at someone else's expense. I would expect this behavior from a juvenile, not adults! For the ones who have shown sympathy and positive comments, THANK YOU! Don't assume what you do not know. Their could have been mechanical problems or anything. This lady was not doing anything intentionally wrong! Put your energy to a better cause....drunk drivers for starters! I just thank God that know one was hurt. If you knew this person like I have for 24 years, you would know she would not harm a soul!
  • by HOBBO on Aug 18, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    May tha car want some food to. yummy.
  • by to the daughter of the elder Location: Farmville on Aug 18, 2011 at 12:13 PM
    Glad your Mom and passenger were not injured and glad no one else was. I am sure that would have been very troubling to her. Anyone and everyone can have accidents. Please let her know that prayers have been lifted in thanksgiving for her.
  • by Fred Flintstone Location: Bedrock on Aug 18, 2011 at 11:56 AM
    I understand!! I have had brake problems as well, especially when I have been working all day, standing up, lifting heavy rocks. By the end of the day my feet hurt, and its hard to brake when your feet are so tired! So I can see how you feel! Yabba dabba doooo!
  • by Anonymous on Aug 18, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    Hmmm if I'm not mistaken for to go orders you have to walk in. It's not a drive in.
  • by Daugher of the elder on Aug 18, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    My mother is doing fine for the ones who care..... She made a mistake and for the ones who want to talk junk, REMEMBER what it will more than likely come back to YOU! I am just thankful that my Jesus keep her and her friend safe and that no one was hurt!
      by Tamika on Aug 19, 2011 at 07:30 AM in reply to Daugher of the elder
      Hi, to the daughter of the elder...my name is Tamika and I actually called you or your sister Jennifer. I was there when it happened. I pray that your mom is doing o.k.....it broke my heart to see her soooo upset. So many things could have happened but the GOD i know and serve protected her and all around God bless and give her my love.
  • by Anonymous on Aug 18, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    My only confusion here is that the car was NOT a Buick Regal. You can guarantee that if you fall behind a Regal, you are going 15-20 MPH under the speed limit.
  • by Oh boy on Aug 18, 2011 at 09:02 AM
    This kind of stuff happens all the time and I'm am completely baffled about how it happened. Clearly, it wasn't a Toyota but I think everyone who wants a good laugh should go to YouTube and type in "Kingsley Move Grandma" and watch that video.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 127966743 - witn.com/a?a=127966743