Candle Left Burning Cause Of Apartment Fire

An apartment went up in flames in Greenville Saturday afternoon after fire officials say a candle was left burning inside.

Fire officials say they were called out to the fire around 3 p.m. at the Pirates Place apartment complex on Charles Blvd.

They say the apartment was severely damaged. No one was injured in the blaze.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Feb 21, 2011 at 01:20 PM
    At the very least, if you must burn a candle for scent, etc. buy one of those enclosed porcelain burners or a pagoda. Those are totally enclosed and the candle usually burns out by itself. Do not buy those huge 3 or 4 wick candles...that is trouble. But bottom-line; use common sense. Do not leave a burning flame if you can't be there to attend it.
  • by REM Location: ENC on Feb 21, 2011 at 09:35 AM
    @Calm Down: Do you think that is somehow funny? I'm sure you wouldn't want others making jokes if everything you own went up in flames.
  • by Calm Down ! on Feb 21, 2011 at 08:52 AM
    Light one of those "aroma therapy" candles and get some rest.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 20, 2011 at 07:12 PM
    Never leave a candle burning unattended.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116575708 - witn.com/a?a=116575708
Gray Television, Inc.