Camp Lejeune Marine Killed In Afghanistan

A Camp Lejeune Marine has died in Afghanistan. The Department of Defense announced Tuesday that Lance Cpl. Andrew Carpenter died February 19.

Carpenter was injured February 14 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province. Carpenter was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

The 27-year-old was from Columbia, Tennessee.

According to his Facebook page, Carpenter is survived by his wife Crissie. His profile says he graduated from Columbia Central High School in 2002. He's been in the Marines since September 2007.

• by karen Location: confessore on Feb 24, 2011 at 01:21 PM
    My son is there as well...spoke of him highly .my thoughts are with your family.At ease,Sir.
  • by Anonymous Location: New Bern on Feb 23, 2011 at 08:37 AM
    Our deepest sympathy to the family and wife of yet another brave soul who has given their all.
  • by Darren Location: Kill Devil Hills on Feb 23, 2011 at 07:40 AM
    Thank you for your service Andrew in us having our freedom. May your family have God with them and find peace.
  • by Dave Location: Grimesland on Feb 22, 2011 at 06:35 PM
    Stand at ease brother.....Be at peace
  • by Wazzup? Location: Ayden on Feb 22, 2011 at 04:49 PM
    My thoughts are with this fine young mans' family.
  • by Zelda Location: Lawrenceburg Tn on Feb 22, 2011 at 04:43 PM
    May God be with the family of our hero. From the family of Marine Lance Corp. Justin Mitchell Lawrenceburg Tn. You are in our herts & prayers.
  • by chelsey Location: Michigan on Feb 22, 2011 at 04:11 PM
    Bless your heart and soul Andrew for your service and ultimate sacrifice to your country! Im deeply saddened that your child will grow up with out you. I am sure your family and mostly wife will keep you alive in memory and pictures. Your cousin Missy is my sister in law. I hope that you, the Carpenter family will find peace. I send you love!
  • by Vickie Location: Grimesland on Feb 22, 2011 at 03:55 PM
    I wish,I had of known you,so I could Thank You in person,BUT I will Thank your parents for raising such a man to protect us all!May your body be at rest. I wish our Government would bring our men home and let other Countries worry about themselves.
  • by Not a fan on Feb 22, 2011 at 03:28 PM
    RIP. Thank you for all that you did to serve this country and protect our freedom.
  • by Retired Enlisted Marine on Feb 22, 2011 at 01:57 PM
    My prayers go out to you and your family. Semper Fi Marine.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116676534 - witn.com/a?a=116676534