Update: Body Of Camp Lejeune Marine Returned To The States

The family of a Florida Marine who died in combat in Afghanistan says he will be buried in Pueblo, Colo., where he lived as a child.

The Defense Department says 19 year-old Lance Cpl. Jose A. Hernandez of West Palm Beach, Fla., died Tuesday Dec. 14 in Helmand Province.

The Pueblo Chieftain reports that Hernandez's body was returned to the United States on Wednesday but is not expected to arrive in Colorado for several days.

He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

PREVIOUS STORY:

The Department of Defense says another Camp Lejeune Marine has died in Afghanistan.

The DOD says 19-year-old Lance Cpl. Jose A. Hernandez of West Palm Beach, Fla., died Dec. 14 while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

Hernandez was assigned to 1st Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune.

• by Ryan Location: Jacksonville on Dec 20, 2010 at 04:45 AM
    I served with this Marine at 1/8 before transferring. He was a great Marine. He is the 2nd one from that battalion that I know that has been killed. Please respect all of us who are fighting and losing our lives. I deploy next year.
  • by annonymous Location: nc on Dec 18, 2010 at 07:23 AM
    quit asking why we are there we are not leaving for a while. The marines would rather you said thanks and went on your way because your not there. Support us not question our beeing there
  • by Anonymous on Dec 17, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    can someone remind me why we are in Afghanistan again. I have forgotten. I hope it is just not politics again.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 17, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    more than a hero, the term is used for everything now. This marine is a great american, and a great person.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 17, 2010 at 10:07 AM
    Every coffin should be sent to the white house for viewing by the president, oh never mind he and his family will be in hawaii on another vacation, my bad.
  • by Kathy Location: Washington on Dec 17, 2010 at 09:44 AM
    Another baby killed. I respect this young man's wishes to go into the military but not my son. I don't want my baby or this young man to sacrifice their lives for any of us. I saw we carpet-bomb Afghanistan and leave it at that. We will never change these people. Years and years of hatred beaten into them will never be changed. We need to pull our troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Too many young men and women have lost their lives for a population who would sooner see them beheaded. I am a Republican but enough is enough.
  • by Rich Location: Washington,NC on Dec 16, 2010 at 02:36 PM
    My prayers are with his Family.
  • by Erika Warren Location: West Palm Beach, Fla on Dec 16, 2010 at 08:18 AM
    "Selfless Hero" RIP Lance Cpl Hernandez.. ~Semper Fidelis Marine Corp Mom
  • by Anonymous on Dec 16, 2010 at 08:00 AM
    my prayers with the family. Thank you for your sacrifice.
  • by meg Location: Greenville on Dec 16, 2010 at 05:29 AM
    Thank you for serving our country and may the Lord bless your family for the sacrifice you have made. May He give them comfort and peace.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111967759 - witn.com/a?a=111967759