Busy Super Saturday In Greenville

Super Saturday is here and shoppers across the East are out in full force trying to get those last minute gifts for Christmas.

Retailers throughout the country are dropping prices this weekend in order to bring in last minute shoppers looking for a bargain.

It seems to be working in Greenville. A lot of stores were packed with shoppers.

Last minute shopper Tonya Baker told WITN, "It is super busy. There are people everywhere. A lot of people are getting some good last minute deals. There are a lot of good discounts. I saw some things that were the same prices as Black Friday prices so it looks like anybody who is waiting until the last minute gets some good deals too."

Super Saturday is always the last Saturday before Christmas.

• by Fran on Dec 18, 2011 at 06:43 AM
    Yesterday was a great day to stay home.
  • by Cindy Location: NC on Dec 17, 2011 at 08:52 PM
    For my being Obama unemployed. I got never no job stimulas plan job. I had to cut back on gifts for Christmas this year! I know other famillies who are cutting back also. Are You?
      by Really? on Dec 18, 2011 at 05:38 AM in reply to Cindy
      I am no fan of Obama either, but you are blaming him for your unemployment? There are jobs out there if you really want to find one.
      by Bob on Dec 18, 2011 at 06:41 AM in reply to Cindy
      Hi Cindy, I feel your pain. Obama only gives to welfare/criminal class. The working poor make "too much" to qualify for any of his half baked programs.
      by Marie on Dec 18, 2011 at 01:22 PM in reply to Cindy
      I totally agree with Cindy and Bob. My families christmas is also cut way back this year. Thanks to Obama and his horrible policies my family has seen a large pay cut and no raises in over two years. Please use common sense and vote this total lack of leadership president out of office in 2012. Merry Christmas!!
  • by John Location: Richlands on Dec 17, 2011 at 04:56 PM
    I went into Jacksonville around noon and got back out, it was plenty busy for me.
  • by GVegas24 Location: Greenville on Dec 17, 2011 at 04:50 PM
    If Super Saturday is the last Saturday before Christmas, would'nt that make NEXT Saturday the actual "Super Saturday"?
      by Chris on Dec 18, 2011 at 05:53 AM in reply to GVegas24
      Good point, I was thinking the same thing.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135803288 - witn.com/a?a=135803288