A business owner is counting her blessings after her business caught fire while she was inside.
Faye Manning says she heard some crackling sounds in the house on Pitt Street in Grimesland where she sells jewelry and clothes. Manning also says they have a wood heater inside of the home and they started it Tuesday morning and later saw a glowing light behind the heater where a pipe goes thru the wall.
Manning says, "I just want to cry. It's hard but, like everything else you know we will get thru it. God is good to us and you know I could of been in there and been hurt but I wasn't.
Manning says she expects to lose thousands of dollars worth of property. Most of the damage was in the attic.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.