Bullets Hit Two Greenville Apartments With People Inside

Multiple gunshots were heard inside an apartment complex Tuesday night in Greenville when bullets hit two apartments, including one with small children inside.

Melissa Long says she and her 3-year-old daughter and her 10-month-old were in the living room of their Landmark Street home when they heard shots. Moments later she says she saw the drywall in their living room explode as a bullet punctured the wall. Long says her youngest child had been sitting in front of the wall just two minutes before the shooting and could have been in the line of fire.

Melissa Long's neighbor, Chandra Sheppard, had one bullet hole above her bay window and says officers believe her home was the target, but Sheppard doesn't understand why someone who shoot up her apartment.

We tried to contact Greenville Police about the shooting, but got no response.

• by Nicole Location: Greenville, NC on Sep 15, 2011 at 08:55 PM
    Seriously? Let ME give you the facts about this family of four. They are the most kind, proactive, progressive-thinking, and loving family I know. They happen to be some of our best friends, and Melissa watches my 9 month old while I'm at work (and my child happened to be there just hours before the incident happened). Both of them work their butts off -- the father and I both work with the same company, and he's always picking up other people's shifts, staying over, etc. Melissa is one of the hardest working people I know. They are the LAST people you would find sitting on the butts all day, collecting money from the government, as you say. Both are incredibly intelligent people, both having attended prestigious universities, and still pursuing degrees. They would be the last people to judge you, yet here you are judging people you DON'T even know. Shame on you! BTW, you can write that check out to their family to help cover moving expenses since you bet your next paycheck on it.
  • by It's-the-hood-now Location: Greenville on Sep 15, 2011 at 07:44 AM
    This is behind City Hotel, across from Wal-mart. I used to live there when that area was first built a long time ago. It was mostly college kids but some families that lived there. Never had any major problems there just loud parties. I was riding around about two weeks ago and decided to drive down Landmark St. to see what it was like there now. It's the freaking ghetto now!! There are thugs all out in the street. Young kids running around with no supervision. The apartments look horrible. Trash is all on the ground. It's really sad that politicians can't call the problem out when we know what the problem is.
      by Steph on Sep 15, 2011 at 09:00 AM in reply to It's-the-hood-now
      I live in the same strip as the other apartments that were hit. We've never had crime problems. The area has many black families but that doesn't mean it's the ghetto. I've never been frightened to live here or felt like there was a problem with the people who live around me.
  • by Gregory on Sep 15, 2011 at 05:54 AM
    Just another night in Greenville. I hope those jerks who fired the shots understand our tax money has to fix the damages!
  • by Sarah Long Location: Bushkill, PA on Sep 14, 2011 at 08:03 PM
    That is my cousin and her two kids. We are so freaked out and upset by this, but also extremely grateful that God was watching over the family and no one was hurt.
      by How? on Sep 15, 2011 at 04:59 AM in reply to Sarah Long
      So when a kid is struck by a bullet somewhere else that means God was not watching over that kid? Too busy? How do you get your kid on the watch list? Just askin'
        by answer on Sep 15, 2011 at 06:36 AM in reply to How?
        you put your faith in God!
          by here on Sep 15, 2011 at 07:32 AM in reply to answer
          Really????
  • by 2pac Location: Gvegas on Sep 14, 2011 at 07:50 PM
    God bless this beautiful family. Your good karma will come back around. Keep ya head up.
  • by sgd Location: Enc on Sep 14, 2011 at 06:45 PM
    Another example of just sorry good for nothing waste pf air-breathers. Cowards and useless.
  • by smg on Sep 14, 2011 at 06:42 PM
    Why are people so heartless-these are children's lives and a mom-we have to pray together and work together-for violence to end in our communities. People are suffering and struggling-these type of behaviors are not acceptable here. God is our refuge and strength-a very present help in times of trouble.
      by Russ on Sep 15, 2011 at 05:31 AM in reply to smg
      Nope, the taxpayer is. I'll bet you nobody there had a job and all are living off the taxpayer.
        by Joe on Sep 15, 2011 at 07:54 AM in reply to Russ
        Why would assume nobody had a job? I know the family with the children personally so I have no idea what the hell you are saying or trying to imply. This has nothing to with having to live off of taxpayers. Innocent children could have been hurt because of some moron's foolishness. Get over yourself, Russ.
        by Mike on Sep 15, 2011 at 07:55 AM in reply to Russ
        by JCB on Sep 15, 2011 at 08:08 AM in reply to Russ
        Honestly, Russ? Why would you assume no one had a job & that they are living off of the taxpayer? I know the family that was affected & the husband actually wasn't even home at the time because he was working. Hold your comments if you don't know the whole story. There are plenty of stories about the government you can go be a troll on.
          by Russ on Sep 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM in reply to JCB
          I beleive it is a comment section. And while there are exceptions to every rule the rule generally stands. I'll still bet my next pay check on the taxpayer aid issue. The real issue though is the very people usually quoting the Bible are usually the ones least following the teachings.
        by Anonymous on Sep 15, 2011 at 07:20 PM in reply to Russ
        Just like you I bet.
          by Russ on Sep 16, 2011 at 05:29 AM in reply to
          No I don't live off of others.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 129848368 - witn.com/a?a=129848368