A natural gas line break prompted a brief evacuation in downtown Ayden Monday morning.
The leak happened around 9:00 a.m. behind the Ayden Pool Hall on South Lee Street.
Authorities say town workers were repairing a sink hole with a backhoe when a 2-inch line was hit.
A one block area was evacuated, while several nearby buildings had their gas service cut off.
Greenville Utilities got the leaking gas turned off and repaired the line.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.