Body Found In New Bern Lake

Police are investigating a body found in a lake over the weekend.

New Bern police say fishermen found an overturned canoe and some fishing gear washed up on the shore Sunday afternoon at the lake at the end of Chestnut Avenue in the Pembroke neighborhood.

Eventually the fishermen say they spotted a body face down in the water.

The victim has been identified as 59-year old Bernard Greene of Cove City.

A third witness tells police Greene's truck had been parked at the lake since last Thursday. An autopsy on the man's body is scheduled for Tuesday.

• by Deterick Location: Illinois on May 17, 2011 at 06:18 PM
    Thank God for the fisherman who found our father. He died doing what he loved to do!! Gone but not forgotten.
      by Lytricia on May 18, 2011 at 09:21 PM in reply to Deterick
      To God be the Glory~
  • by Tunisha Location: Pamlico on May 17, 2011 at 05:22 AM
    I will also agree with my cousin Taneshia, in thanking the fishermen who found my Uncle Bernard! He will be greatly missed. To know him was to love him!
  • by Patricia Lewis Location: Sebring, Florida on May 16, 2011 at 07:26 PM
    I agree with my cousin Taniesha in saying may God bless the fisherman who found Uncle Bernard. Our hearts are heavy but God knows best!
  • by FedUp II Location: Greenville on May 16, 2011 at 01:03 PM
    Now that I think about it, I hope I'm fishing when God calls me too!
  • by Shows What I Know on May 16, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    I've lived in New Bern all my life... I didn't know that lake was there.
  • by Ty Location: gcity on May 16, 2011 at 09:58 AM
    May God Bless and comfort your family during this tragic loss. It really speaks volumes of your father, that at this time of loss you take time to thank those who found your Dad. I am sure you Dad is proud of you. Your family is in my prays.
  • by Taneshia N Greene Location: Virginia on May 16, 2011 at 09:13 AM
    May God Bless the Fisherman that found our Dad!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121894559 - witn.com/a?a=121894559