Blessing of the Animals Event Held In Greenville

A church in the East says blessings aren't just for people, but also their animals.

Today St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Greenville held their annual Blessing of the Animals event.

People could bring their animals to be blessed and prayed for by a priest. People brought a wide variety of animals including dogs, cats, and hamsters.

The church holds this event every year in honor of St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.

Rev. Bob Hudak of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church said, “It is a very moving kind of experience because in many ways pets are an expression of Gods love, of Gods care, and they often give so much to us

If you missed the event on Saturday, but would like to have your animal blessed you can contact the church.

• by LSB Location: Greenville on Oct 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    Of course animals and all creatures should be blessed. We are all created by God.
  • by J-man Location: Kinston on Oct 2, 2011 at 07:52 PM
    A blessing for animals?... really?!....freaks....
  • by kathryn Location: gatesville on Oct 2, 2011 at 06:08 PM
    I think this is nice. Pets should be treated as family and blessed.
  • by Happy to see this Location: Greenville on Oct 2, 2011 at 03:56 PM
    I'm so blessed to have my animals. It is nice to see those who appreciate them when you mostly see so many on the news that are mistreated. So many animals enrich our lives. And Gregorie...if I didn't just laugh a little too much, I'd think you were sick!
  • by Gregorie Location: Eastern, NC on Oct 2, 2011 at 06:11 AM
    Come Lord Jesus our guest to be, Bless this pig that was prepared for me. Amen!
  • by UH-HUH on Oct 2, 2011 at 06:09 AM
    There are also a lot of 2 legged animals that need blessing.
  • by Marsh Location: Greenville on Oct 2, 2011 at 05:08 AM
    Very nice community service, thanks St. Paul's for your kind ministry and heartfelt blessings.
  • by Beth Location: Winterville on Oct 1, 2011 at 09:39 PM
    NOW I have seen it all! With all the problems in the world, they are blessing animals.....
      by Stan on Oct 2, 2011 at 02:46 AM in reply to Beth
      With all the problems in the world we should give thanks for our family pets as well and pray for their health.
        by Coastal on Oct 2, 2011 at 04:35 AM in reply to Stan
        I think this is great. There are alot of cruel people in this world and I pray everyday for these poor innocent animals. Some people just aren't animal lovers. After all, they are God creatures :)
      by Dawg on Oct 2, 2011 at 05:38 AM in reply to Beth
      This has been going on for years. Be thankful for something and stop complaining.
      by Anonymous on Oct 2, 2011 at 09:53 AM in reply to Beth
      What do you mean Now you've seen it all. Where have you been? This is a very old tradition.
  • by oh my Location: g ville on Oct 1, 2011 at 08:56 PM
    Actually this is not the first event like this. Every Sunday and everyday I'm thanking the Good Lord for some type of animal on the table,and Susie the Lord is Good.
  • by Susie on Oct 1, 2011 at 08:36 PM
    I think this is a wonderful thing! I would have loved to taken my dog. God is GOOD!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 130918448 - witn.com/a?a=130918448