Bertie County Relief Fund Established

A disaster relief fund has been set up for tornado victims in Bertie County.

Twelve people died in the tornadoes that struck in the Colerain and Askewville areas, while dozens of homes were destroyed or heavily damaged.

Those wanting to donate can visit the county manager's office on Dundee Street in Windsor, the town of Colerain office on Winton Street in Colerain or by mailing donations to the Bertie County Tornado Relief Fund, P.O. Box 530, Windsor, NC 27983. Checks should be made out to "Bertie County Tornado Relief Fund."

The county says 100% of the donations will go to the victims of the tornadoes in Bertie County.

• by Susan Location: Winston-Salem on May 4, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    Is there an agency, organization, or other group coordinating debris clean-up? I'm wondering, too, about the farmers being able to get in their fields if there is lots of debris there.
  • by Bothered Location: Ahoskie on Apr 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    I dont think you have to live in Bertie County to understand. I am very happy to have been able to help with those in need there and help clean up. I have family there. And the person who signed in as Hmmmmmm, How DARE YOU! You OBVIOUSLY are heartless and have NO COMMON SENSE as to what these people have gone through. Homes have been taken away. Stop being a greedy jerk.
      by Hmmmmm on Apr 27, 2011 at 04:31 AM in reply to Bothered
      Not being a greedy jerk, I donated myself to the fund through Southern Bank and I just want to make sure I am putting the money in the right place. Simply saying there should be one central location for all the funds! Now grow up and stop calling names!
  • by Windsor resident Location: Windsor on Apr 26, 2011 at 09:39 AM
    Our county has suffered tremendously in the last 6 months from flooding and now tornadoes. Unless you live in Bertie county, you have NO idea how much the overwhelming support has meant to those in need. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to ALL of you who have donated of their prayers, love, money, time, support, and other donations.
  • by Hmmmm Location: Bertie on Apr 26, 2011 at 08:58 AM
    I thought there was already a fund setup through Southern Bank? Where have those donations been going? And if to Bertie County why set up another find? The more places you have the money the more confusing and the more "hands" it will get into.
  • by Cliff Location: Alttoona, AL on Apr 26, 2011 at 08:39 AM
    This Is Great That Theyr'e Setting Up This Fund For Bertie County Tornado Victems!!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120701919 - witn.com/a?a=120701919