Beer Fest Aims To Create Craft Brew Scene In Eastern Carolina

Whats on tap in Greenville? The first ever Jolly Skull Beer Fest at the Convention Center.

More than 50 breweries from all over the country came to Eastern Carolina to promote quality brews and also raise money to help our troops overseas. Part of the proceeds of the first beer fest in Greenville will go to creating care packages for troops over seas. For folks who decided to come out its a weekend event that organizer Dustin Canstorb says meant to be safe, fun, and educational.

"Some people think beer armys this big drink fest and beer pong but no we don't subscribe to that. We're about responsible drinking, about educating and sophisticating your pallet so to speak a little bit more," said Beer Army Founder Dustin Canestorb.

The event expected about 2,000 poeple Friday and will continue Saturday.

• by Phone Jack Location: G-Vegas on Jan 30, 2011 at 04:47 PM
    They promote Beer and not Legalize Marijuanna something is very wrong here,just look at the studies Alcohol kills and Marijuanna Heals,The City of Greenville should sponsor a Cannabis Fest,bet they would have a better turn out !!!!
  • by Robbie Johnson Location: NC on Jan 30, 2011 at 02:31 PM
    Ok to everyone that thinks this was a drunk fest and Beer Army was irresponsible with this event you obviously did not go and you know nothing about Beer Army. My name is Robbie Johnson and I am the President and Founder of Project Guardian Angel inc. We are a non profit charity that Beer Army brought in to make sure no one drove that was over the legal limit. They set us up two locations in the convention center so we could offer our free breathalyzer test to anyone and everyone. I am sure a few people slipped through the cracks but you cant do anything about those people. Beer Army is very responsible with there festivals. Please visit our website to learn more or share with us what else you think could have been done. www.projectguardianangel.com
  • by Anonymous on Jan 30, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    Buzzed driving is drunk driving.
  • by SoCal on Jan 30, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    ENC is at least 3 years behind the rest of the country. You can tell by the way people dress and act here. I went to this event and it was very lame.
  • by Jay Location: Greenville on Jan 30, 2011 at 07:55 AM
    Why must people be so negative about this event? It was a great way to sample what local North Carolina breweries have to offer. I know a sampled a few types of beer that I plan on purchasing. To those who ASSUMED this was a drunk fest with everyone carelessly leaving drunk, shame on you. I witnessed no cases of anyone who was either being belligerent or out of hand. It was a calm setting with everyone getting along with each other. Our group had a DD who picked us up afterward, as did many others that I saw. I'm sure there were people who drove that should not have, but this happens at every establishment that serves alcohol. You will always have this, whether it's someone leaving a bar, restaurant or their own home. Unfortunately, not everyone uses their better judgment. When I picked up my truck Saturday morning, there were a multitude of vehicles in the parking lot indicating many people left the same way as myself. Great event, good times!
  • by gntcpw07 on Jan 30, 2011 at 02:43 AM
    I want to know how many cars were pulled leaving the convention center....Ralph, it was advertised all over WITN and on 107.9 for the last two weeks
  • by No wonder on Jan 29, 2011 at 09:25 PM
    Eastern NC is so far behind the rest of the world. Just read the idiotic posts on here.
  • by Irishman Location: NC on Jan 29, 2011 at 09:12 PM
    Beer , Beer so amber and so clear not as sweet as some girls lips , but maybe more sincere.
  • by Student Location: NC on Jan 29, 2011 at 08:55 PM
    To - Posted by: Anonymous on Jan 29, 2011 at 08:50 PM - I guess you never went to a Animal House College Party? How sad!
  • by Anonymous on Jan 29, 2011 at 07:47 PM
    Drunkfest 2011.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114847339 - witn.com/a?a=114847339