Beaufort County School Bus Driver One Of The State's Best

A school bus driver from the east made the top ten in the state's annual school bus rodeo in Raleigh.

Jimmy Ward, the winner of this year's Beaufort County School bus rodeo rounded out the top ten.

The competition included a written exam as well as a demanding obstacle course drivers had to properly maneuver from behind the wheel.

Ward secured his spot in the state event by placing during the district rodeo on May 4 in Nashville.

Ward has served Beaufort County Schools as a bus driver for 13 years and is also a custodian at Washington High School.

• by Marilyn Location: Washington High School on Jun 1, 2011 at 06:16 AM
    Congrats to on of the state's best bvus drivers! Not only does he drive the bus professionaly, he has control of the students who rides his bus. They have assigned seats and only talk when spoken too! Our hats goes off to you, Jimmy Ward! We're so proud of you!!!!
  • by Cherly Location: Duplin County on May 28, 2011 at 05:47 PM
    Hey, Congraulations to the bus driver, People don't really realize how important bus drivers are. Alot of times the bus driver is the first person to see the student because parents are gone to work. I nurture my children on my bus. If they come out of the house without a jacket on, I'll send them right back in. I treat my children just like they are mine. They are not just another student to me. I love my babies. So instead of parents complaining all of the time, the next time they see a bus driver, how about just saying THANKS!
  • by me on May 28, 2011 at 09:46 AM
    Good job!!!!!
  • by WHS Employee Location: Washington on May 28, 2011 at 09:36 AM
    So very proud of Jimmy and all of our bus drivers! Bus drivers are a vital part of our school!
  • by ..... Location: Bath on May 28, 2011 at 07:31 AM
    At least Washington has good bus drivers. I can't say the same for most of those at Bath.
  • by Former Driver Location: Washington on May 28, 2011 at 05:39 AM
    Good Job Jimmy!!! It thats a special person to drive and FEW can do it. If we had insurance I would still be there.
  • by Anonymous Location: Washington on May 27, 2011 at 09:27 PM
    Well at least they fired the one that punched a student from WHS.
  • by wow! on May 27, 2011 at 06:10 PM
    good job, jimmy! i knew you could do it!
  • by Former VB Bus Driver Location: Winterville on May 27, 2011 at 06:03 PM
    Congratulations to Jimmy Ward!!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122753359 - witn.com/a?a=122753359