Beaufort County Manager Resigns

The county manager for Beaufort County says he's leaving to take a job in the private sector.

Paul Spruill will leave Beaufort County government on June 24th. He will become general manager and CEO of Tideland Electric, which is based in Pantego.

Spruill says he plans to stay on until commissioners approve a new budget for fiscal year 2011-2012.

Beaufort County says if needed, assistant county manager Jim Crisman will serve as interim county manager. Spruill, a native of Bertie County, has been county manager since July 2003.

• by Deborah Location: Washington on Apr 16, 2011 at 08:03 PM
    Not surprising. Washington cannot keep intelligent people in a job. They have to continually fight with the Committee of 100, an antiquated bunch of idiots who think we are still in the 1930s
  • by mb Location: bertie county on Apr 12, 2011 at 03:12 PM
    We really do have the man for you, call us!
  • by To Bob on Apr 12, 2011 at 02:31 PM
    Gump.. I am sure he is leaving for a bigger paycheck. Can you say hard thoughts can knock you down????
  • by Amazed on Apr 12, 2011 at 01:04 PM
    Great guy and a fine public servant. I wish him and his family nothing but the best. I have been in several meetings lately and have observed first hand how he was treated by one of our commissioners. Seems to me intelligent people can't be bullied. BC has lost a treasure and I'm sure we will be hard pressed to replace him. Anybody offered the job with hood still around will tell us to "stuff it." Go in peace Paul and thank you for a job well done. I will readily admit you are a bigger man than I. Your patience with that buffoon is legendary!!
  • by Anonymous on Apr 12, 2011 at 05:53 AM
    Sure you are being sarcastic about the having fun part. I am also sure he will do a much better job than the previous manager. He had no scruples.
  • by Bob Location: Washington on Apr 12, 2011 at 01:34 AM
    Why would a man resign after getting a $30,000 a year raise in salary? That put his anual income at about $125,000.
      by Anonymous on Apr 12, 2011 at 04:54 AM in reply to Bob
      Could it be that he will be making more at Tideland? I bet so
  • by Pam Packer Location: Washington Park on Apr 11, 2011 at 06:15 PM
    Hey Hood, here's your man! http://www.co.bertie.nc.us/docs/CommStateManInc.pdf
      by eeehhh??? on Apr 12, 2011 at 09:00 AM in reply to Pam Packer
      What makes you think he'd deal with Hood? The commissioners won't have any luck finding a decent Manager until Hood is history. That should be the main goal.
  • by Smart Move! Location: Here on Apr 11, 2011 at 05:19 PM
    Good luck Paul, How you have sat that close to "Hood" and not hit him in the mouth is amazing!
      by me on Apr 11, 2011 at 06:12 PM in reply to Smart Move!
      Amen!
  • by sammy Location: washington on Apr 11, 2011 at 04:46 PM
    all he was was a man to hood so hood could get his way
  • by Smiling : ) on Apr 11, 2011 at 04:24 PM
    Look at the smile in his face. I would be smiling too if I were in his shoes. Maybe now the commissioners will see what it is like trying to find his replacement. Hopefully they will find someone that will hold the reigns on certain cross legged commissioners. I am sure you know the 2 I speak of. Good Luck Paul in your new adventure, Maybe now you can breathe a sigh of relief in knowing how it is to deal with humans on a board.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119611324 - witn.com/a?a=119611324