Bank Deposit Bag Taken From Food Lion Employee

Police are on the search for a man who robbed a grocery store this morning in Pitt County.

Winterville police say it happened around 10:20 a.m. at the Food Lion on Old Tar Road. They say the robber took a deposit bag from an employee.

The robber was not armed and no one was injured. The man, who was wearing a black hoodie, ran from the store after the robbery. You should contact Winterville police at 252-756-1105 if you have information on the crime.

• by Anonymous on Dec 23, 2010 at 10:58 PM
    I work there, and can definitely say that none of our workers fit that description...so it's not an inside job. Yeah our store is in a nice neighborhood, but there's crime everywhere. And yes, the money bags are kept behind locked doors with PLENTY of cameras...but there's no locks or cameras when someone is taking a trip to the bank.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 23, 2010 at 06:54 AM
    Having worked at a food lion I can say this is a strange case. We had to deal with the money bags behind locked doors with a camera. I don't see how this could have happened.
  • by anon Location: greenville on Dec 23, 2010 at 05:59 AM
    It's not about survival. There is going to be a specific percentage of the population that will just take. Its a fact. No excuse about not having a job. Not where they grew up. Some adults just make the decision to live off others. Thank God its a small group, but please don't explain their behavior by saying its anything but a choice. Plenty of poor people arn't thieves. The truth is: We wouldn't have crime, if we didn't have criminals. Be safe out there!
  • by kee Location: gville on Dec 23, 2010 at 05:44 AM
    I agree with careful submission. People please be careful out ther. I use to work at the Mall when it was around and we got robbed coming out of the mall leaving to go home and make a deposit. It was about six employees leaving and someone came with a gun and demanded money. It's not a funny thing. Just be extremely careful this time of year but most of all be careful at all time because people are out of work and they are willing to do anything in order to survive.
  • by I'm a suspect! on Dec 23, 2010 at 04:21 AM
    I must admit, I have a black hoodie. Should I turn myself in or stay on the lamb?
  • by boogie Location: greenville on Dec 22, 2010 at 06:55 PM
    sounds like the bomb on hwy 11 to me inside job
  • by careful Location: nc on Dec 22, 2010 at 06:42 PM
    people please be careful this time of year, going to those banks dropping off deposits, people are out of jobs need money and can;t get work, cause some just aint gonna look for it, they would rather lay in wait for you with a big bag, knowing money is in it and grab and go, look around you before you get out, check things out before you just make the drop cause you ready to go home your life is not worth, that bag of money
  • by Ladyluck Location: Winterville on Dec 22, 2010 at 06:34 PM
    I've been looking all day and I have 37 men in black hoodies. Dah..Better desricption please.
  • by Looking Location: Winterville on Dec 22, 2010 at 04:37 PM
    I've been out looking for this guy for hours but I forgot, am I looking for a black, white, or hispanic man. Im a big boy, I can take it. It's ok to mention color now, you just can't say it was a muslim. If it's a Christian you can tattle or Obama will get you.
  • by anonymous on Dec 22, 2010 at 03:34 PM
    sounds like an inside job to me

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112338299 - witn.com/a?a=112338299