Baby Hit By Gunfire In Elizabeth City Shootout, One Suspect Arrested

A baby was shot in the parking lot of a convenience store and police in Elizabeth City say one of five suspects has been arrested.

It happened at the Park-n-Shop at the corner of Road Street and Ehringhaus Street Tuesday night around 6:00 p.m.

Police say there was a shootout between people in two vehicles in the parking lot. They say a bullet grazed the 8-month-old's left shoulder. Police say the baby's injuries are not life threatening and she is in stable condition. A gas pump and a utility pole were also struck by the gunfire.

Police have arrested Anthony Harris and have warrants out for four other suspects in the case. They are Joey White, Clinton Bryant, Tyrell Bembury, and Alexander Johnson.

To view mugshots of the five suspects, please click the PHOTOS tab at the top of the story.

• by t Location: ga on Feb 19, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    first off for the person that said that they couldnt afford a gun you must be sittin in your pretty house in the suburbs sippin tea.Im not sayin this is right but coming from an urban area there is alot of drug money out there and people will do anything for it. i kno for fact that a couple could probably pay your morgage for a couple months. unless your from there you wont get it. its easy to give your oppion when it does not affect you. When people start doin more in there community things like this wont happen. Besides in Elizabeth City there is no drug territory people sell any where. but until people step up and say im tired of the violence its gonna keep on happening. Parents need to step up and be a parent and stop tryin to be your childs friend. i have kids and i am a Black male and i am not worried in the least that my kids will grow up and not be successful in life. its traggic that a little girl got shot could have been one of my family members and im glad she is alright
  • by hummm Location: illwill on Feb 18, 2011 at 09:38 AM
    that is so sad
  • by Anonymous on Feb 17, 2011 at 07:57 PM
    the guy in yellow looks like cartman from south park hahaha
  • by Anonymous on Feb 17, 2011 at 06:29 PM
    These Thugs will have guns if you have a list of gun laws five miles long. They could care less about any gun law. It is a shame that society has come to this, but it has. If you are foolish enough to face criminals like these with pepper spray or a fist fight, go ahead. I prefer to defend my family and myself with a licensed firearm!
  • by Lori Location: former Eliz. City resident on Feb 17, 2011 at 06:11 PM
    Dede get real, I have a gun permit, my guns are legal. These punks probably stole the guns they were using. I don't think any of them could afford to buy one. I hope that their next boyfriend teaches them what it is like to be a MAN. A man would not have to use a gun or have a gang to back him up. Gang members are always hiding behind someone else because they are scared to be by their self. Elizabeth City used to be a nice town. It is time for the citizens to fight back. Stop letting young punks rule the streets.
  • by What?/ ENC Outsider Location: Greenville on Feb 17, 2011 at 05:57 PM
    To WITN Moderator What was wrong with any of my comments that I posted for this story or for my other comments made on today? Have I been flagged again? I have abided by your terms and rules and have no offensive comments. I don’t understand, with the other entire race baiting, homophobic, gullible, and insulting stuff that you allow, why keep denying my intelligent responses that obviously shows that I’m NOT your stereotypical mud slinging ranter. Why are you guys so selective with who you want your audience to become familiar to? You allow "Black Business Owner's" comments, but censor anyone who can intelligently refute and debate from another minority’s perspective? You guys are a joke!
  • by Dawone Location: Greenville on Feb 17, 2011 at 05:41 PM
    Thugs do not buy guns legally. They steal them and then sell them to other Thugs.
  • by Bruce the Shark Location: Greenville on Feb 17, 2011 at 05:33 PM
    I'm glad to see that their mommas are not on here defending them. I would be too embarassed to come to the aid of my child if they did this, especially the one in the yellow jumpsuit. He kind of looks the one of the characters from the smurfs cartoon. I bet he is extra proud of himself.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 17, 2011 at 05:01 PM
    I say take them in a secluded area and let them shoot each other until there is nobody left. That is more cost effective. :)
  • by ENC Outsider Location: Greenville on Feb 17, 2011 at 02:46 PM
    Comment continued... Some may say "ENC Outsider" what are doing to make things better? Where Im from, myself and others have mentored children from K-12 and college age, but the difference was: they wanted it. ENC "thugs" as yall say, have rejected it. I guess thats to be expected when they perceive us as "thinking were better than, uppity, elitist, etc." Wonder where weve all heard that before? I also suspect that its hard for 19 yrs old to respectfully listen to someone 5-15 yrs older than them. Why should they, Im the same age as their folks (Im 34) who are still doing some of the things they are doing. Im not trying to put my race on blast, but I have low tolerance for when women/children are harmed by OUR men. These are little boy, wannabe THUGs! As I was coming up in the 90's, I often wondered what would become of the children born to teen girls in high school. Now, I have my answers. This isnt only MY people either. Yours stay hidden, are the same as "these", or "ridded" of.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116348709 - witn.com/a?a=116348709