A major Greenville street was shut down for a short time because of a natural gas leak.
Greenville Boulevard, between Evans Street and Landmark Street, is now back open. Police had also shutdown several entrances to Lynncroft Shopping Center and evacuated Best Buy.
According to Greenville Fire and Rescue, the leak came from a natural gas transfer station. A pressure relief valve opened releasing the gas. A Greenville Utilities worker said it is common for pressure to build up in gas lines and the release valve worked as it was supposed to.
Greenville Utilities crews are checking the line to make sure everything is in working order.