Officials Investigate Double Homicide In Princeville

Family members say a couple, who have five children between them, were killed Sunday night in Princeville.

Princeville Police Chief Joey Petway said Sunday around 8:25 p.m. the Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office 911 Center received a call of shots fired at 307 Geddie Avenue.

Relatives say 33-year-old Quan Carr and his 31-year-old girlfriend, Jasmine Chesson were murdered. The couple have two children together and also raised the woman's three other children. None of the children were at home at the time of the shooting.

So far police have not announced any arrests in the case.

Previous Story

Princeville police have not yet released the names of the two people shot to death Sunday night.

According to Princeville Police Chief Joey Petway, on Sunday at 8:24 p.m. the Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office 911 Center received a call of shots fired at 307 Geddie Avenue in Princeville.

When officers arrived on scene they found two gunshot victims. The names are being withheld pending family notification.

Multiple agencies responded to the call.

The SBI will be assisting the Princeville Police Department.

Previous Story:

Officials tell us multiple law enforcement agencies are on the scene of a double homicide right now in Princeville, Edgecombe County.

Officials tell us it happened near Southern Terrace in Princeville. They were called to the scene around 9:45 p.m.

The Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office along with Tarboro Police and multiple other agencies are investigating.

We will bring you more details as soon as they become available.

• by Just Saying on Mar 23, 2012 at 05:08 AM
    Posters, if you are going to take my tax money for housing, food and whatever else you spend it on, while you are not working, please study up on your grammar.
  • by tmb on Mar 21, 2012 at 03:19 PM
    to whom ever involed Who!!!!!!! are u to play god & take these lives regardless if drugs where involed or not it was senceless & cruel to do such a thing may u be judge be ur higher power (God) on judgement day for any wrong doing anyone does is seen by him u have'nt gotten away....... ruthless murdereres
  • by Shocked Location: New Jersey on Mar 21, 2012 at 07:16 AM
    I attended school with this couple and I find it very hard to believe, may the detectives should take a step back and investigate the friends a little more. Maybe whomever did this is among them. All teary eyes dont weep for sadness but some weep because of guilt. RIP
  • by Misunderstood Location: Somewhere on Mar 21, 2012 at 06:39 AM
    I wish everyone would just leave my brother alone, he would have gave the clothes off his back for anyone... People just do not realize that is my brother I just lost from an idiot who do not have a heart.. Maybe they need to be in this situation see how it feel to kill someone loved one... They just do not think before they react.. Think about what will happen if someone knew you did it and saw you on the streets or if you went twu prison and they where good friends with quan and jazz.. I'm just saying people should think before they react because it could happen to them or one of their close family members... But my brother will always be in my heart no matter what anyone have to say about this situation..!!!! <3 to my brother nd jazz but :'( that yall had to leave so soon....!!! I no y'all are looking over us.

• by Wow on Mar 20, 2012 at 05:00 PM
    A bunch of grown people on a news story fussing about grammar and unrelated issues. Two people are dead and children are left without parents. No one knows the life these two people lead. Only family and friends can say how they were but the most important thing is no matter what they did not deserve to be killed by anyone. Come on people things are not that serious where you can't just walk away and let it go, just as you are loved by your family and friends these two were loved by their family and friends as well and all you people on here trying to figure out why the children weren't home and what they were involved in should be worrying more about who did this and them getting caught because you or your love one could be next on the list. Grow up people talk about what really matters here. My sincere heart felt prayers goes out the the children and these two family and friends.
  • by Demetrius Everett Location: Tarboro on Mar 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    Jasmine and Quan were both good people, who would do anything for you. Despite what these ignorant people are saying. They didn't deserve this, their families didn't deserve this and their friends didn't deserve this. I can not believe the comments on a person death. Has the world truly taken a turn for the worst that we kick people when they are down? Do people not realize that she has a child that can see this,, their families can see it and the remaining loved ones can view this as well. HAVE YOU KNOW SYMPATHY??? My prayers go out to their families, especially the kids, their friends and all those who varied for them both and were touched by them. I also take the time to pray for the individuals making these outlandish comments. May GOD, rest upon your heart and mind. Be mindful that many people were hurt by the murders that occurred. To you all know that GOD is still in charge.......
  • by Anonymous on Mar 19, 2012 at 09:52 PM
    i just want to send my prayers out to the friends and family and for everybody making little comments about drugs i blame the economy. everybody dont have the chance to get out and get jobs so hey u gotta make your money some how. put urself in other peoples shoes b4 making little comments
  • by MadMax on Mar 19, 2012 at 06:14 PM
    God be with the families at this hour. I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself on this one, for now.
  • by Beverly Location: sjafb nc on Mar 19, 2012 at 05:50 PM
    I knew this couple and grew up in the same community with them. they loved their children and families. they were also loved by many in the Princeville community. please think of the children before you make hurtful comments. everyone has a Family - think how hurt your parents and children would be.
  • by Beverly Location: sjafb nc on Mar 19, 2012 at 05:49 PM

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 143272846 - witn.com/a?a=143272846