Arrests Lead To Thousands Of Dollars In Suspected Stolen Items

Thousands of dollars in merchandise has been recovered after authorities say they caught two men stealing a lawn mower.

Lester Drake is now in the Lenoir County jail charged with possession of stolen goods. We're told his brother, Harold, bonded out of jail.

Lenoir County detectives say Lester & Harold were spotted stealing a lawnmower from a home, but failed to get it on the trailer. Once authorities arrived the two left the scene and were arrested in Greene County.

During the investigation, stolen items were located in Pitt County where the brother's lived. Lawmen found riding lawnmowers, air compressors and window AC units. Detectives say the men were selling these goods at area flea markets to unsuspecting victims.

• by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on May 25, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    I've heard of a 'Mom & Pop' restaurant, but never a 'Son & Pop' theft shop operandi...
  • by here Location: here on May 25, 2011 at 08:57 AM
    winning!!!
  • by green Location: teeth on May 25, 2011 at 05:41 AM
    There the best cowpatty stealers in this here state!!!Why I bet if you just look around your place,you'll spot there stinkin foot steps right where you left your lawnmower,grill,boat,cloths on the line!!!
  • by Momma on May 25, 2011 at 05:17 AM
    I bet Momma is proud
  • by Grumpy Location: Outerbanks on May 25, 2011 at 04:42 AM
    Oh my gosh- It's the Soggy Bottom Boys!!
      by porkchop on May 25, 2011 at 08:14 AM in reply to Grumpy
      Hopefully soon to be in constant sorrow.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on May 25, 2011 at 10:39 AM in reply to Grumpy
      LOL...good one.
  • by Anonymous on May 25, 2011 at 04:37 AM
    You people have no right making jokes about these two men. Either one would give you the shirt off someone else's back.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on May 25, 2011 at 10:39 AM in reply to Anonymous
      Coffee sputters...another good one.
      by melissa on May 26, 2011 at 05:17 AM in reply to Anonymous
      yea the shirt that they stole or bought with money that they got from stealing....
  • by I Fought the Law on May 25, 2011 at 03:14 AM
    All of the good comments have already been made.....there is little to add on this one.
  • by WOW on May 24, 2011 at 09:34 PM
    These two slingblade hillbillies look like something out of "Deliverance". Who would trust them anywhere close to thier house. The gene pool is getting real shallow down East.
      by Mike on May 25, 2011 at 12:25 AM in reply to WOW
      Like stagnant farm pond. (complete with green scum and lily pads with bull frogs the size of dinner plates)!?
      by bs on May 25, 2011 at 02:21 AM in reply to WOW
      hey hey now they are not from here. they obviously migrated from west va. look like some of Jesco Whites ppl.
        by double bs on May 25, 2011 at 03:54 AM in reply to bs
        I dont know,they look like connecticut rednecks to me.
          by Jill on May 25, 2011 at 09:41 AM in reply to double bs
          Hey now double bs - My whole family are from Connecticut and none of us look or act like these two scum bags.. They are just nasty. I am sure if the police look hard enough they may even find a missing person or family pet... Small note on people from up north - we love all of you down here in the South that is why we move here :)
          by double bs on May 25, 2011 at 10:37 AM in reply to double bs
          Jill trust me.I have work with some down in Wilmington that favor these guys and what creepy pompus know it all know nothings idiots they were.Another note,There is good,bad and local rednecks in every state.
  • by Any Copper? on May 24, 2011 at 08:59 PM
    Did these guys steal any copper wire? They seem like the type.
  • by Anonymous on May 24, 2011 at 08:42 PM
    Now look here Sheriff, I bet ol' Lester and Harold wuz just gathering some merchandise for the "Widows and Orpans Fund" garage sale...

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122542754 - witn.com/a?a=122542754