Armed Robbers End Up With No Cash

Two men were robbed in their home in Greenville late Tuesday night, and police are investigating. The robbers got away without any money.

Detectives say 69-year-old Eddie Grimes and 58-year-old Donald Brown were robbed at gunpoint just after 11 p.m. Tuesday. The armed robbery occurred at 300-B E. Roundtree Dr. Police say the two gunmen came in through the unlocked front door and forced Brown into the bedroom where Grimes was lying in bed. Police say the suspects demanded money from Grimes and grabbed a purse on the bed. The suspects left with the purse.

Police say the purse didn't have any money in it and nothing else of any value.

No one was injured.

Police say both gunmen were wearing black ski masks and black gloves.

• by Wood Location: ENC on Jan 27, 2011 at 08:52 AM
    TO: To Wood Location: NC on Jan 27, 2011 at 01:49 AM I understand what you are saying. It's like this - I served 9yrs in the Army with combat tours under my belt - So I sure do not need any class about weapons - By the way do you know how many soldiers have and still are being killed thinking that the other wasn't going to do bodily harm to them? It's the same thing here. Yes I know Big Brother has everyones life on file via the computer. I am a free citizen and have every right to defend my home and family, end of story...
  • by anon Location: wallace on Jan 27, 2011 at 06:06 AM
    what do they expect. obama is in office. no one has any money
  • by Terrence Location: greenville on Jan 27, 2011 at 03:23 AM
    Those guns 9mm. .380 cal. had just been stolen from my sister Sherricka Browns house around 8-9pm. moyewoods project. The police took over an hour to respond to the B/E call. It way have been prevented if better actions had been taken.
  • by To Wood Location: NC on Jan 26, 2011 at 10:49 PM
    Dear Mr. Wood, you desperately need to take a NC Concealed Weapon permit class. You don't know the law and your actions, even if inside your home, could land you in jail. It doesn't happen often, but it can. That you stated such online could even be used against you. Remember NiFong? People sing a less macho tune when the grand jury indicts them.
  • by Correcting bad Gun Advice on Jan 26, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    "State law in North Carolina requires a victim of a break in to have their life threatened before using deadly force". -- (1) Justified Self-Defense A citizen is legally justified in using deadly force against another only if: (a) The citizen actually believes deadly force is necessary to prevent an imminent threat of death, great bodily harm, or sexual assault and (b) The facts and circumstances prompting that belief would cause a person of ordinary firmness to believe deadly force was necessary to prevent an imminent threat of death, great bodily harm, or sexual assault, and (c) The person using deadly force was not an instigator or aggressor who voluntarily provoked, entered, or continued the conflict leading to deadly force, and (d) Force used was not excessive - greater than reasonably needed to overcome the threat posed by a hostile aggressor. >>No shooting in the back<< Using a PD simulator one can be forced to shoot in the back. If not there you don't know what happened!
  • by Well Location: You Know!!! on Jan 26, 2011 at 06:42 PM
    It's like every thing else in Life, You have to Practice for a while before you get good at it!!! That's what I tell people about me. After Obama took office if I was Robbed it would only be for Practice because of how Broke he has made me.
  • by Just Remeber Location: ENC on Jan 26, 2011 at 03:50 PM
    State law in North Carolina requires a victim of a break in to have their life threatened before using deadly force. No shooting in the back, and no shooting if the robber sits down to a bowl of cereal. If the robber approaches in an aggressive manner...... BAM!
  • by Bruce the Shark Location: Greenville on Jan 26, 2011 at 03:18 PM
    Is this address in the Moyewood area. Can we get a better description other than ski masks and gloves. I have seen many people matching this description in Boone two weeks ago. How are the police going to be able to find these robbers. Will the NAACP be assisting in this case?
  • by Watcher Location: Bertie on Jan 26, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    Remember the old saying, there's one born every minute!
  • by Wood Location: ENC on Jan 26, 2011 at 11:46 AM
    I agree with laura 100%.... I know wrong from right and so do they, and you just don't go in someone's home and rob it. I could care less about the LAW, step in my home, yard and see what happens. I'm not dumb enough to stop and ask questions or think someone will not HURT me or my FAMILY if they have BROKEN into my HOME!!!! Hey they asked for it, and I would say that a JURY would have a hard time convicting someone who is DEFENDING their home.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114638754 - witn.com/a?a=114638754