Applebee's, Chili's Provide Free Meals For Veterans

Applebee's and Chili's Restaurants were among those in the east honoring veterans and service members Friday with free meals.

The Greenville Applebee's was packed with veterans and service members enjoying the free food. This is the third year the restaurant has participated in the tradition, and is hoping to help top the 1-million-24,000 free meals served to veterans and active duty military across the country last year.

We also checked out the Chili's in Jacksonville as they provided free meals.

There was an entire menu available from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm of free meals and other special discounted menu items for any veteran or active duty service member.

Chili's staff told us they're proud of their military town and excited to serve the men and women who wear the uniform.

• by Dennard d. Jackson III Location: Lorain Ohio on Nov 12, 2011 at 07:17 AM
    Thank you Applebee's, my little girl and I truly enjoyed our dinners. It was a real pleasure being with so many noble Veterans.
  • by Ray on Nov 12, 2011 at 07:13 AM
    I went to the Sierra Vista AZ Applebee's for the free meal last evening. After eating I handed the waitress my Retired Army ID card and my debit card for my wife's meal. When she returned she handed me a bill for $30.28. Somehow this didn't surprise me. I'm a Viet Nam Vet and I spent five years in Korea as well. I really don't feel that I'm owed anything for my service. However, when a resaurant chain advertises free meals for veterans and military personnel on national television I would expect them to deliver. Apparently I was wrong. Mistakes happen, mine was to go to Applebees. That's a mistake I won't make again.
  • by a veteran's wife on Nov 12, 2011 at 01:38 AM
    Thank you for the tribute. We will remember next time we decide to dine out. I have a feeling this will be paid back 7 times 70.
  • by m on Nov 12, 2011 at 12:43 AM
    Thank You Applebees, next time I find one you'll have my business.
  • by Donh Location: Harlingen Tx on Nov 11, 2011 at 06:52 PM
    Thank you so much Applebees for a first class complimentary shrimp dinner. Beverlee and I will be back. Times have certainly changed for the better since I returned from Viet Nam in 1968. There was not much of a welcome home back then..
  • by kay Location: greenville on Nov 11, 2011 at 05:37 PM
    very nice of them to do this. My dad who is a WWII veteran enojoyed him meal at Chili's , thank you both Chili's and Applebees.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Nov 11, 2011 at 04:50 PM
    A nice tribute. I hope area Veterans knew about the free meals and were able to enjoy them. Very nice.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 133721223 - witn.com/a?a=133721223