Family Seeks Answers In Murder

The family of a man shot to death at his home last week is speaking out about the killing.

Johnny Albritton Junior was shot several times in what Greene County lawmen are calling an ambush-style shooting near the Shine community.

His older sister tells WITN her brother was a kind, well-loved person. She says the whole family is in shock. Felicia Albritton says, "I wish I could just go in that house and get him. It's really hard for our whole family. I mean, my dad, it's his only son. And then for him to be named after him. Anybody, anybody who came in contact with little Johnny, he made them laugh and there's a lot of people that's hurt right now.

Johnny Albritton was 30-years old. Dewyer Freeman, 19-years-old was also shot. He says he was in a car in front of the house and was shot twice before he drove away.

The Albritton family hopes someone will come forward to tell them why Johnny was killed. The SBI is investigating.

PREVIOUS STORY:

Two people were shot, one of them killed, in what deputies call an ambush-style shooting over the weekend in Greene County.

Deputies say Johnny Albrittion was killed, while Dewyer Freeman was wounded in the shooting Friday night.

It happened at Albritton's home on Reedy Branch Lane near Shine as Freeman was waiting in his car for Albritton to leave his house for a party,

Freeman says at least one gunman came out of nowhere and started shooting. Freeman drove off and 911 was called. He was taken to the hospital by friends.

Deputies say Albritton was found dead inside his home while Freeman is in stable condition at Wayne Memorial Hospital.

So far there are no suspects and anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers.

• by SOMBER Location: SNOW HILL on Jun 20, 2011 at 07:40 AM
    IT IS AMAZING TO ME. HOW IN ONE MONTH OF MY COUSINS DEATH AND ATTEMPTED MURDER OF MY OTHER COUSIN,THAT NO NEW INFORMATION HAS SURFACED CONCERNING THIS CASE. IF YOU KNOW OR HEARD ANYTHING CONCERNING THIS CASE, PLEASE NOTIFY THE GC POLICE DEPARTMENT. WE MUST RALLY TOGETHER AND GET THESE CRIMINALS OFF THE STREETS. WE WOULD'NT WANT THE NEXT VICTIM TO BE YOU OR YOUR FAMILY MEMBER.
  • by Dalphine Location: Snow Hill on May 29, 2011 at 03:53 PM
    It is so sad about the death of this young man. The family has my deepest sympathy. If you can not spell properly, please have someone to check your spelling. Some of the grammar is horrible.
  • by GC Citizen Location: Green County, NC on May 19, 2011 at 08:53 AM
    I didn't know Lil Johnny, but I have heard his name on numeros occasions. I am so glad to be able to say that I have never heard his name in a negative way. I just want to say to the Albritton family, please keep your heads up. I know that's easier said than done. But remember, God sits high and looks low. Continue to pray and be blessed. "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning" Be blessed!!!
  • by Theresa Location: GC on May 18, 2011 at 05:06 AM
    I've known Little Johnny for years.He always was smiling.He never met a stranger.Praying for The Family and Friends he left behind.RIP Little Johnny
  • by Keshonna Location: Snow Hill on May 17, 2011 at 06:58 PM
    DIS IS SO SAD ALOT OF PEOPLE IS HURT CAUSE OF LIL'JOHNNY I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEONE WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE DAT TO A KIND FRIENDLY PERSON I HOPE JUSTICE WILL COME R.I.P LIL JOHNNY.
  • by verysad* Location: goldsboro nc on May 17, 2011 at 06:50 PM
    this is sooo missed up! lil johnny was one of the nicest guys i know! i dont understand who or why anyone would want or could do this to him! everytime i see pictures of him it upsets me and makes me sooo mad! I really just don't understand please if you have any information come forward because their are ALOT of people who want and need answer to this tragedy!!!
  • by Jean Location: Snow Hill on May 17, 2011 at 06:19 PM
    Lil Johnny was a kind person who always kept a smile on his face. He will be missed.
  • by King Location: Snow Hill on May 17, 2011 at 07:35 AM
    We feel as though we have lost a part of our family.Hard to replace someone who "always had our back".Wish a reward for any information could be in place so justice may be served.
  • by Lover of God Location: Raleigh NC on May 17, 2011 at 07:19 AM
    People need to wak up and stop the violence. We as blacks are always talkng about what the white man is doing to us, look at what we are doing to each other. It needs to stop and we all need to do a self examination of ourselves. WE NEED JESUS and whoever took this young man's life will be caught and justice will be served but most of all,he is gonna have to answer to God for this senseless act. So to the family, I pray tht God will wrap his loving arms around you today and the days to come!!
      by joyce on May 18, 2011 at 05:13 AM in reply to Lover of God
      i agree with this it is not about black or white we are doing this to both we are killing our future generation .this is so sad .people we need god if you dont no him he will the best thing in your life if you would ask him to come in and live .may god bless you all
  • by Sick & Tired Location: Snow Hill on May 17, 2011 at 06:14 AM
    It's a shame that someone knows about this and want share, how often to ppl have to loose their life to foolishness, RIP Lil Johnny, gone but not forgotten!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121888274 - witn.com/a?a=121888274