8 Dogs Seized In Havelock Animal Cruelty Case

By: April Davis
By: April Davis

Eight dogs were seized in the east as part of an animal cruelty case.

The Craven County Sheriff's office and Humane Society of the U.S. assisted in the seizure of 6 pit bull terrier adults and 2 newborn puppies from a Havelock property. The sheriff's department says the dogs were severely emaciated and had no clean drinking water or food.

There is a suspect in the case, but no one in custody. The HSUS is providing the dogs with the vet care before relocating them to a temporary shelter.

The Humane Society of the U.S. has a temporary shelter at the Craven County fairgrounds for animals displaced after Irene.

• by kathryn Location: gatesville on Sep 8, 2011 at 07:15 AM
    I hope the owners are thrown into jail. It should be with no food or water but unfortunately they will be treated better than they treated the dogs. Thank goodness the dogs and puppies were rescued.
  • by ncyankee Location: goldsboro on Sep 8, 2011 at 06:15 AM
    when the heck are these new abuse laws going to be put into effect? the governor signed Sophies law last year, and people are still getting off with a slap on the wrist this is sooo wrong. any politicians out there want to get involved? didnt think so
  • by So Sad on Sep 8, 2011 at 06:08 AM
    Hopefully those poor animals aren't just put to sleep. They deserve a chance at a good home after all they've been through!
  • by Pit Lover on Sep 8, 2011 at 06:06 AM
    Can you all at WITN let me know if there is a way to adopt any of these dogs? I have pit bulls, and they are my babies...hate to see one mistreated!
      by Anonymous on Sep 8, 2011 at 08:02 AM in reply to Pit Lover
      I a gree Pit lover. I have two pit bulls myself. Unfortunately, only we can see the love in the hearts of the dogs and their endless loyalty to humans though they have failed them. We as humans are what is wrong with our fellow animals. No one else, just us.
        by Anonymous on Sep 8, 2011 at 01:26 PM in reply to
        My husband & I have 2 rescued pit bulls & I'd challenge anyone to find 2 more loving animals! I never knew what great dogs they were until we rescued out first one, now I can't imagine our lives without them!
  • by To Steve on Sep 8, 2011 at 05:48 AM
    Steve, I invite you to get a mind.
  • by Leo Location: NC on Sep 8, 2011 at 04:47 AM
    Well, once more the arm chair expert is giving us an opinion that is off base. Water is paramount and food once per day is the rule along with vet care. If Steve had no food or water he would be first in line at the soup kitchen./
  • by For Steve on Sep 8, 2011 at 03:22 AM
    Steve, you're a dork.
  • by for Steve Location: enc on Sep 7, 2011 at 11:21 PM
    First of all Steve, it's PETA not pita. Secondly, the humane society is not a radical association. Thirdly, where in this article is PETA mentioned? Fourthly, emaciation takes weeks not hours or days. Emaciation occurs when the body begins to devour itself for lack of food.
  • by for Steve Location: enc on Sep 7, 2011 at 11:19 PM
  • by MS Location: NC on Sep 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    The story states the dogs were "severley emaciated", that did not happen because they missed one meal. And the HSUS are not a "bunch of radicals"

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 129427583 - witn.com/a?a=129427583