3,300 Graduate From ECU

By: Dave Jordan/Brittany Gunter
By: Dave Jordan/Brittany Gunter

Thousands will be heading home for the holidays with diplomas in their hands.

More than 3,300 people graduated from East Carolina Unversity Friday morning.

A commencement ceremony was held at Minges Coliseum. You could see a sea of purple as the graduates walked in to Williams Arena. There were a lot of excited graduates and parents.

According to ECU officials 2,220 people graduated with a bachelors degree and 1,110 with their graduate degree.

• by Master on Dec 17, 2011 at 09:34 AM
    I am one of the 3,300. I have $40,000 in debt and no job offer. Time to go to grad school!
  • by JustAThought on Dec 17, 2011 at 09:09 AM
    @IGraduated.Sounds like you are dealing drugs,have a computer,and stole rich grandmoms credit card.
  • by I graduated Location: MHC on Dec 17, 2011 at 08:00 AM
    I graduated yesterday and am happy to say I advanced my career tremendously with my Master's degree. I am in my dream job and with all my extra income, I am helping the economy with my newfound purchasing power.
  • by ncyankee on Dec 17, 2011 at 07:46 AM
    you mean, 3300 students went home with party certificates..right?
  • by JD on Dec 17, 2011 at 04:55 AM
    I graduated from ECU in '01, right after the "dot bomb" bust and just before 9/11. Took me about 6 months to find a job, and I applied for well over 150 and went on a dozen interviews. Just a year earlier companies were so desperate to fill openings they were throwing sign on bonus at new grades, sometimes as high as $5,000, and starting pay for new grads in my field was about 20% higher on average. I can imagine and appreciate that it is even tougher these days. Congrats to all the new grads. It's gonna be tough, and you may have to take on a crappy $8/hr job as I did in the mean time, but consider sending in job abs a full or at least a part time job and stick to it. Best wishes to you all.
  • by WhyILoveobama on Dec 17, 2011 at 02:29 AM
    Yep most will be headed home to stay with mom and dad because of no work due to the obama policies.Well this will give them more time for protesting and more than likely some of the girls will get pregnant and live off the obama food card.Seems like living with parents,an obama food card,getting pregnant while protesting is the American Dream now of days.Thats WhyILoveobama.
  • by Proud Mom Location: Goldsboro on Dec 16, 2011 at 06:35 PM
    My daughter was one of those 3,300. So very proud of her.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135771998 - witn.com/a?a=135771998