100 People Will Win Free Year Of Food At New Chick-Fil-A

A new Chick-Fil-A is opening in Winterville, and with it is the opportunity for 100 people to win a year's worth of food.

The restaurant is slated to open Thursday at 4253 Winterville Pkwy. The first 100 people in line will win the year's worth of Chick-Fil-A. The prize includes one Chick-fil-A meal a week for one year.

The restaurant allows people to start lining up at 6 a.m. Wednesday. If there are more people than 100 in line at that time, there will be a raffle to determine which 100 people will get the free food after they camp out overnight until when the store opens Thursday morning. Chick-Fil-A recommends people not start lining up before 5:30 a.m.

Whether or not a raffle is needed on Wednesday morning, registered participants are required to stay on the property until prizes are awarded Thursday morning.

• by vashonfielding Location: richmond on Oct 27, 2011 at 01:58 PM
    i'm am vashonfielding registering for free food
  • by Appreciative AND Working Citizen Location: HOME on Oct 27, 2011 at 08:57 AM
    Just for the record ... I was one of these HORRIBLE LOSERS who attended this event for the first time ...AND Guess What ... I HAVE A JOB "gasp" yes I do! I also have 3 children who had a wonderful time (2 of which went to school and came later in the afternoon)! So therefore I am a WORKING PARENT! It was MY DAY OFF and I CHOSE to spend my day doing this for fun! It is SAD that so many people are turning this CLEAN FAMILY FUN EVENT into something that is UGLY and RUDE! And I seriously doubt if I KILL OVER tomorrow from eating a Chicken Sandwich with whatever "Side" I choose to go with it (by using one of my FREE coupons might I add). Jealousy certainly doesn't look good on the rest of you hard working people that consider everyone who was there HOMELESS or Less Fortunate or just stupid! Be careful looking in that mirror! Just because WITN doesn't post anything about what YOU choose to do with your lifestyle doesn't mean that what you do is PERFECT and that you should have the right to JUDGE others and what they do with their time! I certaily hope that you are never on the UNFortunate end of any situation. And Hope that your next salad saves you a trip to the ER!!
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Oct 29, 2011 at 12:04 PM in reply to Appreciative AND Working Citizen
      Hey! Were you one of the first 100? If so, congratulations.
        by Appreciative AND Working Citizen on Oct 30, 2011 at 06:09 AM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
        I was ... Thank you!! It was a first time experience for me and my kids *But well worth it and LOTS of FUN!* What a great group of people and staff from Chick Fil A ... They kept us entertained with lots of games and fun for everyone throughout the day and night. I would def do it again ... And O.L.I. If you ever get the opportunity to go to one I think you'd have a great time as well! The kids enjoyed the camp-out experience too. Some of WITN's commenters never ceases to amaze me ... They are all SO QUICK to criticize EVERYTHING that is posted on here. Oh well - Guess their mama's didn't teach them the "Good Rule" of if you don't have anything nice to say - Don't say anything at all!" haha!~
  • by HoneyBear Location: Greenville NC on Oct 26, 2011 at 10:00 PM
    Some people really need to get a life, the ones who left those rude comments. If you don't want to stand in line just MIND YOUR BUISNESS!!I'm a RN and I have the day off and guess what I'm in line with a lot of working people..Seriouly are the people in line bothering you that bad??
      by Appreciative AND Working Citizen on Oct 28, 2011 at 05:21 AM in reply to HoneyBear
      AMEN! It was a FUN time and I have FREE COUPONS to feed our family ... :o) Funny how rude some people are ... You would think that if it doesn't apply to them they could just keep quiet! Apparently they are all so HARD AT WORK that they have time to write these nasty comments that they've left here. Oh Well - While we are enjoying our Chicken, I guess we wont have to worry about them being anywhere near Chick-fil-a! Have A great day HoneyBear!
        by Formerly O.L.I. on Oct 29, 2011 at 12:05 PM in reply to Appreciative AND Working Citizen
        Apparently, you were one of the 100 people? So, they issued coupons; I wondered if it would be some type of debit card, but hey; coupons are great too. Congratulations!
          by Appreciative AND Working Citizen on Oct 30, 2011 at 06:33 AM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
          Yes - You get business card sized coupons good for 1 free combo meal. (52 of them). It is pretty neat how the whole thing works. You get there at about 5:30 - 5:45am on the day prior to their opening and get in line @ 6am to get a "Ticket" if there are more than 100 people - All tickets are put in a bowl and drawn out 1 at a time to be part of the "First 100" - After the first 100 people are picked you set up your "Camp site" in the pkg lot and then the activities began! They feed you breakfast lunch and dinner as well as a couple of snacks and have tea / Coffee / water available all day; plus the store is open to go in a cool off or warm up and for bathroom use. They do games and activities all day for us and then first thing the following morning you line up to get your 52 coupons and pack up and on your way. If someone comes with you that doesn't get picked for the 100 they can be your 'guest' and still get to enjoy the fun of the day as well as eat too! (just not get the coupons).
  • by John Location: Winterville on Oct 26, 2011 at 07:19 PM
    I would love to know out of those 100 people, how many have a job and how many are drawing Unemployment? Freaking Idiots go to work.
      by ~ALPHA female~ on Oct 26, 2011 at 09:49 PM in reply to John
      John, don't forget section 8 and receiving $500 or more dollars a month in food stamps.
      by katie on Oct 27, 2011 at 05:24 AM in reply to John
      I am a 26 yr old student and i only get 141 a week in unemployment my rent is 350 plus utilities plus my car expenses i have been paying into the gov since i was 16 and this is the first time ive been unemployed, i had surgery on my feet that is why i got unemployment....because i can still work. this is my first time on unemployment and i get NO food stamps at all. Your a rude person and you will be judged for your actions.
      by Jeff on Oct 27, 2011 at 08:36 AM in reply to John
      Dude, get a life. These people are doing it for the entertainment value. For those people doing it for the free meals, kudos to them. The promotion is just that, a promotion. It's no different than the black Friday deals the retailers are going to offer. People do it for the fun and the value of it. Leave them be.
        by Formerly O.L.I. on Oct 29, 2011 at 12:07 PM in reply to Jeff
        That's right Jeff. Let those who got the meals enjoy them. I have no problem with others winning.
  • by we all pay for this later on Oct 26, 2011 at 01:18 PM
    Look around at the obesity in the area and see the hospital costs we all pay for being the number one fast food consumption area in the country. When these unhealthy places continue to contribute our growing waistlines by providing cheap food and sugary drinks, society has to pick up the costs. We all pay for not having sidewalks, huge parking lots, and HFCS drinks.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Oct 26, 2011 at 02:11 PM in reply to we all pay for this later
      It's one meal per week; not every day. Calm down...it's grilled or fried boneless chicken filets, for Pete's Sake. CFA's food choices sure beat greasy, cheesy, extra sauce, with a super-sized fry on the side. They have chicken salad, grilled chicken sandwiches, carrot-salad or cole slaw cups, and much more. Many people practice much worse food choices in their own homes, and you know it.
  • by Anonymous on Oct 26, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    Watch them get stampeded by the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd. They all think everything should just be given to them anyway.....
  • by Roy Location: Winterville on Oct 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    Now traffic on hwy 11 will be a lot worst. Thanks a lot chicken restaurant.
  • by DeAnna on Oct 26, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    I swear there are just some people out there that no matter what you do will never be happy. Get over it already. If you don't want to support this then don't, if you don't want to eat here, then don't, and if you can join in because you have to work, get over it, maybe it just isn't your time to win soemthing like this.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Oct 26, 2011 at 02:12 PM in reply to DeAnna
      Exactly. Good post.
  • by Just a Fan Location: ENC on Oct 26, 2011 at 09:00 AM
    I can not believe the comments I have read! This is a "just for fun" event that CFA is doing as a marketing strategy to build the brand name in the area. If you know anything about CFA, you know that they have a GENEROUS philosophy of giving back to the community! I have no doubt that this CFA location will do the same! If you have to work today and can not participate, I'm sorry, but who said LIFE WAS FAIR?!? There are people who traveled from very far to participate in this event and I think that is wonderful! They are CFA Raving Fans and they believe in what the company stands for! They are here to support the new operator and wish him well! God bless us all, if we have to argue over an act of kindness!!!
  • by diamond Location: greenville on Oct 26, 2011 at 08:49 AM
    I sure hope a fight doesnt break out in the morning when its time to choose the top 100, people love chicken :)

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 132513228 - witn.com/a?a=132513228