- A 2013 accident at the North Carolina State Fair is the catalyst for a bill increasing fines and the seriousness of criminal counts against those who operate carnival rides in an unlawful manner.
- Current law prohibits anyone 13 or younger from using tanning salon equipment unless a doctor gives the child a written prescription. Licensing rules require children 14 to 17 to only have a parent's permission.
- Belhaven Mayor Adam O'Neal spoke in front of Onslow Memorial Hospital, saying it's his town's responsibility to share what happened to Belhaven while working with Vidant so that it doesn't happen to Jacksonville.
- A massive data breach at Anthem, a health insurance company, is affecting hundreds of thousands of North Carolinians. The company is offering free identity theft repair and credit monitoring services.
- The antibiotic-resistant superbug that killed at least two hospital patients in California also has been confirmed at hospitals in the Charlotte, North Carolina, area, WSOC-TV, Charlotte, reported Saturday.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777