- Jones County farmer Donald Taylor is locked in a battle in which he feels North Carolina hog farmers are under attack, while a nonprofit environmental organization maintains the waste handling system for pigs is outdated.
- According to the National Institute of Mental Health's latest estimate, there were approximately 9.6 million adults in the U.S. experiencing serious mental illness over the previous year.
- The drug, called Praluent, must be injected, so it won't be as easy to take as a pill. Because it's in a class of biotech drugs called monoclonal antibodies, it will be pricey - $14,000 a year.
- UPPAbaby is recalling 71,000 strollers and seats because of a choking hazard, saying children could bite off a piece of the stroller's foam crossbar, according to federal regulators.
- North Carolina's legislative leaders have no plans to expand the state's Medicaid rolls through the Affordable Care Act, despite a key win for President Barack Obama's 2010 health care law in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777