Possible Exposure To Hepatitis A

People who ate at a yogurt restaurant in Goldsboro may have been exposed to Hepatitis A.

The restaurant in question is Fruity Yogurt at 317 Spence Avenue in Goldsboro. People who ate there on December 7 might have been exposed to Hepatitis A and are being asked to go to a clinic at Wayne County Health Department, 301 N. Herman Street, Goldsboro on December 21 from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm for a vaccine or shot that could prevent them from getting sick.

The exposure might have occurred on December 7 because of an infection in an employee who was diagnosed on December 14.

Hepatitis A symptoms appear 2-7 weeks after exposure and commonly include fever, a feeling of being unwell, loss of appetite, diarrhea, nausea and abdominal discomfort; urine may become darker in color and jaundice may appear.

For more information you can call Carolyn King at 919-731-1290 at the Wayne County Health Department.

• by lols at 40 yo virgin on Dec 23, 2011 at 06:35 AM
    Your ignorance about hive and aids gives me a good laugh.
  • by Shine Location: NE NC on Dec 20, 2011 at 11:14 PM
    I may for some reason end up w/ hepatitis but it wouldn't be blamed on a 'yogurt restaurant' ...... doesn't sound like anthing that my dog would even want.
      by Anonymous on Dec 21, 2011 at 10:04 AM in reply to Shine
      You might want to rethink the order of that statement. Sounded like you were saying you could get Hep from your dog.
        by What? on Dec 22, 2011 at 06:23 AM in reply to
        I didn't get that from Shine's statement at all. I think he/she was referring to the actual yogurt as being an item the dog wouldnt want..
  • by 40some on Dec 20, 2011 at 08:54 PM
    Have a former Butterball employee working there?
  • by Yummy Location: Simpson on Dec 20, 2011 at 08:54 PM
    I'm hungry already.But I forgot my spoon.... Can I use yours?
      by Wharf Rat on Dec 21, 2011 at 04:37 AM in reply to Yummy
      Sure, I found it on the floor.....

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 135971278 - witn.com/a?a=135971278