- A massive data breach at Anthem, a health insurance company, is affecting hundreds of thousands of North Carolinians. The company is offering free identity theft repair and credit monitoring services.
- The antibiotic-resistant superbug that killed at least two hospital patients in California also has been confirmed at hospitals in the Charlotte, North Carolina, area, WSOC-TV, Charlotte, reported Saturday.
- Measles is now in the northeast: New Jersey, Delaware - and the Nation's Capital. A panel of lawmakers will ask the nation's top health experts why measles is spreading so fast -- and what we can do to stop it.
- U.S. health officials say almost 480,000 people in North Carolina have either selected a new health insurance plan under the Affordable Care Act or been automatically re-enrolled during the latest sign-up period.
- The winter season brings a break for many allergy sufferers who dread the effects of pollen, but there are other allergens specific to winter months that can make people feel pretty miserable.
- There have been a lot of issues brought to light recently as veterans try to get the care they need. For the rest of this week, there will be an event in Jacksonville help make sure those needs are met.
- A Charlotte wife and mother who credits her surviving a brain tumor to President Barack Obama's health insurance overhaul law gets a front row seat for the State of the Union address.
- The White House is calling for stronger cybersecurity protections for consumers. But a little-known side to the government's own health insurance website has prompted renewed privacy concerns.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777