- There have been a lot of issues brought to light recently as veterans try to get the care they need. For the rest of this week, there will be an event in Jacksonville help make sure those needs are met.
- A Charlotte wife and mother who credits her surviving a brain tumor to President Barack Obama's health insurance overhaul law gets a front row seat for the State of the Union address.
- The White House is calling for stronger cybersecurity protections for consumers. But a little-known side to the government's own health insurance website has prompted renewed privacy concerns.
- The measles outbreak that began at Disneyland during the holiday season is now spreading beyond people who contracted the disease at the theme park, with those patients now exposing others after they arrived back in their hometowns, health officials said Saturday.
- Ireland says the United States will permit imports of beef from the country - the first European Union state allowed to resume sales since the mad cow disease scare over 15 years ago.
- A U.S. health care worker who was possibly exposed to the Ebola virus in Sierra Leone was expected to arrive for observation on Sunday at a Nebraska facility that has treated three Ebola cases, hospital officials said.
- It's the first year all taxpayers have to report to the Internal Revenue Service whether they had health insurance for the previous year, as required under President Barack Obama's law.
- Federal health officials are recommending an end to the nation’s lifetime ban on blood donations from gay and bisexual men, a 31-year-old policy that many medical groups and gay activists say is no longer justified.
- A federal appeals court has struck down a North Carolina law requiring abortion providers to show and describe an ultrasound of the fetus to the pregnant woman, even if the patient refuses to look or listen.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777