WITN  | Greenville, NC  | News, Weather, Sports

Winterville Chief: Propane Heater Catches Barn On Fire


The Winterville Fire Chief says a propane heater in a barn to keep dogs warm caught the building on fire Tuesday night.

It happened in the 3700 block of Speight Seed Farm Road around 7:30 p.m.

Winterville Fire Chief Jonathan Heltzel says no one was hurt and the dogs were able to make it out on their own.

He says the barn had about 500 square feet involved in fire, and that portion is a total loss.

Chief Heltzel says, "Be safe about keeping pets warm, bring them inside if you can."


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 239183931