WITN  | Greenville, NC  | News, Weather, Sports

Unattended Cooking Fire Displaces Two Families

Investigators say two families are displaced for a second night after a kitchen fire spread to both units in a duplex.

Greenville Fire and Rescue responded to the call at 8 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of Paul Circle.

Investigators say the fire started from unattended cooking on the stove. It then spread to the attic.

When firefighters arrived, we're told the kitchen fire was put out, but the attic fire had already spread to the other unit.

Lisa Moye says it was a very scary situation.

Moye says, "I mean, it was like four fire trucks out here. I opened the door and was caught off guard. They told me, evacuate evacuate! It was pretty scary. It was."

Investigators say seven people total were displaced. The Red Cross was called and put the families in a nearby hotel.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 250405711 - witn.com/a?a=250405711