The American Red Cross is opening an evacuation shelter in Rocky Mount.
The shelter will open at 3:00 p.m. at the Englewood Baptist Church on South Winstead Avenue in Rocky Mount.
Red Cross volunteers will provide a warm place to stay for anyone who may lose power during the storm or become stranded.
Anyone coming to the shelter should bring the following:
• Prescriptions and emergency medications
• Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
• Identification to show residence is in affected area and important personal documents
• Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
• Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
• Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
• Note - Public health regulations do not permit pets in shelters; service animals are permitted.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.