Porch Light Causes New Bern Apartment Complex Fire

By: Carly Swain/ April Davis
By: Carly Swain/ April Davis

Fire investigators say a fire that damaged an apartment building Tuesday night was caused by an electrical problem.

Several residents evacuated a small apartment complex in New Bern about 8:40 p.m. as firefighters fought back flames at a unit at Westberry Villas.

Fire Marshal Danny Hill says the fire was caused by a porch light. on a balcony of a second floor unit.

He says no one was injured. There are only 4 units in the building. Hill says the top 2 have fire damage and all 4 have water damage.

Neuse Boulevard was blocked to traffic last night near the BSH Home Appliances Factory on Bosch Boulevard.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 182110981 - witn.com/a?a=182110981
Gray Television, Inc.