Fire investigators say a fire that damaged an apartment building Tuesday night was caused by an electrical problem.
Several residents evacuated a small apartment complex in New Bern about 8:40 p.m. as firefighters fought back flames at a unit at Westberry Villas.
Fire Marshal Danny Hill says the fire was caused by a porch light. on a balcony of a second floor unit.
He says no one was injured. There are only 4 units in the building. Hill says the top 2 have fire damage and all 4 have water damage.
Neuse Boulevard was blocked to traffic last night near the BSH Home Appliances Factory on Bosch Boulevard.