Porch Light Causes New Bern Apartment Complex Fire

By: Carly Swain/ April Davis
By: Carly Swain/ April Davis

Fire investigators say a fire that damaged an apartment building Tuesday night was caused by an electrical problem.

Several residents evacuated a small apartment complex in New Bern about 8:40 p.m. as firefighters fought back flames at a unit at Westberry Villas.

Fire Marshal Danny Hill says the fire was caused by a porch light. on a balcony of a second floor unit.

He says no one was injured. There are only 4 units in the building. Hill says the top 2 have fire damage and all 4 have water damage.

Neuse Boulevard was blocked to traffic last night near the BSH Home Appliances Factory on Bosch Boulevard.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 182110981 - witn.com/a?a=182110981
Gray Television, Inc.