WITN  | Greenville, NC  | News, Weather, Sports

NC Woman Dies After Clothes Ignited By Trash Fire


A North Carolina 81-year-old is dead after flames from a trash fire in her yard spread to her clothing.

Davidson County Sheriff David Grice says a neighbor saw the yard burning outside a mobile home near Denton on Friday and called for help.

The sheriff says the woman was inside the home with burns on her body. The kitchen faucet was running, leading investigators to believe that she hoped to extinguish the flames.

The victim was the only person at the home.

Grice declined to identify the victim, saying that her relatives hadn't been notified of her death.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 250484731 - witn.com/a?a=250484731