NC Governor Still Working On Group Home Solution

Governor Beverly Perdue won't release a solution to attempt to ensure certain residents in group homes losing Medicaid coverage can keep a roof over their heads until probably next week.

Perdue said earlier this week she hoped to have a plan to present by Friday, but a spokesman for the governor said her office is still working on steps to address the issue.

About 2,000 residents in group homes are affected by changes in how to qualify for Medicaid-paid personal care services. The changes could make it difficult for group homes to keep operating.

The delay also will give the outgoing governor more time to address a new development involving thousands of people with Alzheimer's disease or dementia receiving fewer hours of assistance per month.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 183658291 - witn.com/a?a=183658291
Gray Television, Inc.