A Greenville couple left their home Wednesday morning only to return later to their kitchen on fire.
Greenville Fire and Rescue responded to the home on Myrtle street just before 10:30.
Battalion Chief Eric Griffin says the homeowner cooked breakfast and some grease on the stove must have ignited after they left.
Griffin says it took crews just ten minutes to get the fire under control.
The home has heavy fire, smoke and water damage and is unlivable.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.