Gov. Pat McCrory says state officials have been kept largely out of the loop about a wave of children who have crossed the Mexican border and ended up in North Carolina.
McCrory called a news conference Tuesday to complain about a lack of information from the federal government about roughly 1,200 children who this year were relocated with a sponsor in North Carolina.
There's been an influx of children coming to the border since last year to flee violence in Central America. McCrory says his administration hasn't been told where the children are specifically located, who they are living with and their health status.
He says services for North Carolina citizens could be affected if this immigrant increase continues at the current rate.
Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.