WITN  | Greenville, NC  | News, Weather, Sports

NEW INFO: Family Of Four Loses Home In Late Night Fire

A family of four is homeless after their home caught fire just before midnight on Sunday.

Greenville Battalion Chief Tony Smart said crews got the call at 11:40PM to a home at 109 North Elm Street. When firefighters arrived, flames were coming from the attic of the home. That is where crews had to concentrate their efforts. The home was a total loss.

No one was injured in the house fire as the two adults and two children inside were alert by a smoke alarm. The American Red Cross is helping the family with temporary shelter.

Investigators say electrical wiring in the attic started the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180796771