Employee Gets Minor Burns At Craven County Business

A man in the east is recovering after he was burned at work Wednesday morning.

According to Stanley Kite, Director of Emergency Services in Craven County, the 42-year-old man was burned by a torch at Urethane Innovators. That's a plastic company on Industrial Drive.

The general manager of the facility says the man used a torch over a drum that apparently had some vapors inside. Those vapors lit on fire and created a fire ball.

The general manger says the flash burn happened very quickly and that the employee suffered minor burns to his stomach area.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 267424981 - witn.com/a?a=267424981