ECU Dorm Has Water Damage After Microwave Fire


A sprinkler system quickly extinguished a fire in an ECU dorm this morning.

Greenville firefighters were called to Jones Hall around 9:00 a.m.

The university says the microwave, which was in housekeeping area, caught fire and caused the sprinkler system to go off.

ECU says they had minor water damage on the fourth floor, with some leaking on the third floor.

No students are currently in Jones, while a camp is scheduled to use the dorm this Sunday. ECU says they expect repairs to be completed before then.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 263450731 - witn.com/a?a=263450731