Christmas Lights May Be To Blame For Fire That Destroyed Family's Home

A family of four lost everything in a fire just 12 days before Christmas, and Christmas lights may be to blame.

Beaufort County firefighters were called to the home on Broad Creek Road around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

The home was owned by Stan and Carolyn Garris, who lived there for the past ten years with their 16 year old son and 8 year old daughter.

The family lost everything in the fire, including Christmas presents under the tree. They were down the road about to eat dinner at a friend's home when they learned of the fire.

The family's dog, 'Nallah' was home, and survived the fire by going to the back of the home, When found by firefighters, the dog was covered in soot.

Firefighters told the family they they believe either Christmas lights on the front porch, or some other electrical problem started the fire.

The family is getting help from the American Red Cross, who are putting them up at a motel for three nights.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 235591941 -
Gray Television, Inc.