Boy Who Died In Boone Motel Gas Poisoning Remembered

A Rock Hill mother whose son died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a North Carolina hotel is creating a list of hotels in South Carolina and North Carolina that have carbon monoxide detectors.

Jeannie Williams told The Charlotte Observer (http://bit.ly/1b9P1g0) the list will be part of the Jeffrey Lee Williams Foundation she is going to create to honor her 11-year-old son.

Authorities say the boy died in June at a Boone, N.C., motel after a faulty pool heater allowed carbon monoxide gas into their room.

Williams also wants the foundation to provide carbon monoxide detectors to rural fire departments, dormitories and clubs that do not have them.

Two other people died in the same room two months before. The president of the motel has been indicted on involuntary manslaughter charges.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 245756151 - witn.com/a?a=245756151
Gray Television, Inc.