Family Escapes Fire That Destroyed Mobile Home

By: Carly Swain
By: Carly Swain

A family has escaped an early morning mobile home fire.

Fire officials said three crews were called to a mobile home on River Road in Craven County around 3 a.m. Wednesday.

A man, his pregnant wife and their four-year-old son escaped the fire. The woman said she heard popping sounds and smelled smoke, and the family then escaped the house. No one was injured.

The home is a total loss.

Craven County Emergency Management Director Stanley Kite says it appears the fire started from coals that had been cleaned out of the wood stove and put on the front porch.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 228888021 -
Gray Television, Inc.