A kitchen fire Thursday afternoon in Pitt County had crews on the scene of a local mobile home, where they initially thought a boy was trapped inside.
It happened on Club Drive in Ayden.
The spokesman for Ayden Fire and Rescue, Donald Skinner, tells us they got the call around 4:30 p.m., and at the time, they believed a 15-year old boy was in the house.
Fortunately, the boy had left with his friends before the fire broke out.
Crews controlled the fire within 15 minutes. Club Drive was blocked off for close to an hour.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.