The explosion of a small battery caused the
evacuation of two science buildings at North Carolina State
Authorities say one person was taken to a hospital for treatment
of injuries that were described as not being life-threatening.
Cox Hall was evacuated because of a strong odor of sulfur, and
Dabney Hall was evacuated because it's connected to Cox. Campus
police sergeant Jon Barnwell says the explosion occurred about 3:15
p-m in a sixth-floor lab at Cox Hall when someone inserted a small
battery into an instrument
Authorities say acid hit one person in the face.